lcr coils? problem with?,seat dealer says no!!!

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
after changing the coils on my lcr twice in 2 wks i decided to go to my friendly seat dealer to get some advice about possible causes and to ask about the fact that the coils are known for blowing,the answer i got was,"no mate,ive never known of them going before,bring it down and we will charge you £50 to plug it in and tell you that the coils are duff",has any1 else had this?????

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
no there taking the piss they are a common prob and easy to realise what is wrong and replace yourself take to a vw dealer or something see what they say is it under warrenty?

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
no mate,its a 2003 so it would have run out,i bought the replacement coils,plugs from ebay,cheap shitty copies do you think?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
if you want to buy stuff like that try dealers or german swedish and french best places dont buy cheap **** from ebay they may be originals but may still have problems just be careful or look further into the problem or find someone who has vag com near you!

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
yeah i will,do you think it could have anything to do with the fact ive recently fitted a decat?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise