LCR electrical problems

kennygray81

just when ive spent a fortune on my car and thought it was running great another little problem arises, as above its electrical, when i press the brakes the indicators all come on (dont flash) stay on solid, my two rear brake lights dont work at all, only the strip of brake light on the rear window, at one point the side lights started to flash too, when i start the car it can be normal, until i press the brake pedal, this seems to trgger it off, so far ive only had a look at the bulbs to see if anything was shorting, any ideas??:confused:

i have searched but havent came with anything yet! :headhurt:

kennygray81

cheersmate, will try that, also realised that when my lights are on, the indicators are on constant, dimly lit, to me this points to a short in a cable i think, but im open to suggestions!:shrug:

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
has this only started since your brake lights went funny because if it has my car was like blackpool illuminations but the 2 new brake lights worked a treat

kennygray81

it all kinda started at the same time, first thing ill do in the morning is replace the brake bulbs, see if that makes a diffrence, must say im not confident though!:cry:

kennygray81

95% you've got a wrong bulb in your brake lights, or one of them has broken in a funny way

ill hold you to that mate! :D

definately not the wrong bulbs because its been fine for over a year, so i hope its the bulbs blown and creating some sort of short?! cant see how because the intention is to create a circuit!?

kennygray81

ok so i changed my rear bulbs and all is still the same, took the inner boot lining out to find dampness!!![:@] looks as if the rear washer has been leaking, so im presuming it is shorting the lightng connections inside the lhs quarter, the joys of owning a seat! HA HA

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise