LCR Fog Light Upgrade problem

SERA

Hi All,

Ive been on a mission for 3yrs now to upgrade my fog lights as im using HID kit on my main Lights which make my fogs look yellow no-matter which type i use!
The HID kit is 6000k and i dont realy want to use a HID kit to match?Any ideas or solutions because the Fog Lights as you guys know are a ball type and so far ive bought and failed to match or get close?:cry:

I mainly want a white look and all ive used say white but look yellow :(

SERA

TBH no havent used them because they look crap, But i really only want them to look white and when i buy all kinds of dear ones ,when ive destroyed the box to get them out they turn out yellow projected through the lenses :cry:

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
If you have standard headlight bulbs, ditch them and get HID's, Decent main beam and some brighter sidelights and that more than enough, even on an unlit country lane. If you have standard side mount intercoolers then ditch the fogs to aid air flow to them :)

SERA

There for the crooooozers who have sidelights and fogs on, they really are irritating as there is no need.

I do agree TBH just seems a shame not use them when is foggy as drive down lanes to work and my HID are crap in the mist lol

SERA

If you have standard headlight bulbs, ditch them and get HID's, Decent main beam and some brighter sidelights and that more than enough, even on an unlit country lane. If you have standard side mount intercoolers then ditch the fogs to aid air flow to them :)

Now thats a good idea any nice mods to put there instead of a Stupid
hole?

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
I have used them on county lanes on previous cars yeah but with the hids on my clio and indeed 6k on the leon i feel is enough, even with just main on. The fogs on the leon to me looked like candles in a jamjar lol even with osram nighbreakers in so took the bloody things out.

SalterTDI

May 12, 2009
Neath/Aberystwyth University
Same problem here, I cannot get ANYTHING to match the 6k. I actually use the fogs on a regular basis travelling back and forth Uni. Out of interest got any full beam bulbs to match the mains? I'm sick of seeing the yellow when the full beams are on. =/

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Same problem here, I cannot get ANYTHING to match the 6k. I actually use the fogs on a regular basis travelling back and forth Uni. Out of interest got any full beam bulbs to match the mains? I'm sick of seeing the yellow when the full beams are on. =/

Where you driving, on the moon? foglights when its not foggy is pointless, and can carry 3 points, main beam aswel is a real piss off factor, either get a set of hid's with correct alignment or go get some glasses

SalterTDI

May 12, 2009
Neath/Aberystwyth University
Where you driving, on the moon? foglights when its not foggy is pointless, and can carry 3 points, main beam aswel is a real piss off factor, either get a set of hid's with correct alignment or go get some glasses

I Don't drive around with them on when it's not necessary, if I can't see 100 yards's in front of me its not going to kill having some extra light now is there? :p

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
I Don't drive around with them on when it's not necessary, if I can't see 100 yards's in front of me its not going to kill having some extra light now is there? :p

Absoloutly not in the right place, but on a normal lit road theres no need what so ever, just burns the retina in my eyes when your behind me or coming the other way! Also hate people who siit on the brakes at lights and all you can see is red dots for 5 mins [:@]

Anyway back on topic, unless you use Xennons (HID's) you will never get rid of the yellow tinge, even with blue bulbs. 5000k Is bright white, 6000k is white with blue tinge which is most popular and 8000k is going more blue.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.