LCR Front Mount Intercooler

henryg

Mar 30, 2008
Oxford
Hi,

I am having my custom made FMIC fitted tomorrow by my mate and I was wondering about where the number plate sits on the front. There is a big plastic block that the plate sits on and its in the way of air flow to the intercooler.

I want to move my number plate to the side but was wondering how to remove the old plate and block that it sits on ? Do you have to cut it away, as it looks like its part of the front bumper ?

Thanks in advance,

Henry

B3LSY

here ya go

009-3.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hi,

I am having my custom made FMIC fitted tomorrow by my mate and I was wondering about where the number plate sits on the front. There is a big plastic block that the plate sits on and its in the way of air flow to the intercooler.

I want to move my number plate to the side but was wondering how to remove the old plate and block that it sits on ? Do you have to cut it away, as it looks like its part of the front bumper ?

Thanks in advance,

Henry
It is part of the bumper but there is a crash bar beneath it anyway. So if you do do something with it to increase the air flow you'd better do something with the crash bar or else it would be time wasted.
The new Forge LCR race spec FMIC comes with a crash bar with additional cut outs in this area

henryg

Mar 30, 2008
Oxford
I see... cheers for that. I shall get cutting

Thanks for the pics... your car looks v.nice mate ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise