Lcr gauges

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
jamjay i have mine plumbed into the top of the dump valve. what benifit do you get when they are plumbed into the fpr?

JamJay

California Bound
It's just more accurate if your plumb it into the FPR hosing. There's nothing wrong with how you've done it though. If you have a full version of VAGCOM, compare your guage reading to the actual reading from the ECU, then swap it to the FPR to see the difference.

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
I thought if you put it in to the top of the dump valve you cant get the engine cover on easily and pipes rub.

The FPR is a more accurate reading and you can hide the pipes better and they stay cooler

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
today i put a new oil temp gauge in, also i plumbed the boost gauge to the fpr, i must say it seems so much better, thanks guys

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Just to clear this up; t-ing into the dumpvalve does not give a true boost reading due to the n249 valve being positioned between the inlet manifold pressure/vacuum source and the dumpvalve. The pressure reading you get by t-ing in here is affected by the n249, which has the ability to create vacuum in order to dump air as part of the traction control system. By t-ing into the FPR hose you are getting a direct pressure reading from the inlet manifold; unaffected by any clever valves seat decided to fit.

Note: If you have done the n249 bypass it doesn't matter if you t into the dv or fpr line as in both cases you will be seeing true inlet manifold pressures.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.