Lcr is rubbish in snow / ice

Deleted member 20376

mine is still sitting on my drive looks like a big snowball.

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
Ive just put a pair of Kobblies for those who dont know they are Forest spec road rally tyres and **** me theres a difference can now drive without the tration control cutting all the power i did have a pair of Eagle F1's which didnt work at all

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Ditto mine! Tyres are the key, especially if they're 225 width as they spread the weight too much. The guy who owns the garage where my lcr is maintained has the same problem in his 530d Beemer which is why he is bimbling about in a 15 year old mini with narrow tyres - he hasn't got stuck once!
That said, the snow makes it easier to doughnut a 9 ton articulated tractor unit - 13 litres and 440bhp in the snow - NICE!

EmDee

Omnishambolic
I take offence to the title of this thread. The LCR is brilliant in the snow, you just have to use appropriate tyres and know how to drive it.

I have my summer tyres on and I managed to get up a seriously crazy hill on Tuesday that had most FWD cars turning around (even ones with skinny tyres). I followed a 4X4 volvo up the hill and he was all over the place. This is in my lowered, remapped LCR on 225 40 18 vredestein ultrac sessantas.

I accept it's not built for the snow, but try owning a RWD in this weather and you will see how good the LCR is.

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
I accept it's not built for the snow, but try owning a RWD in this weather and you will see how good the LCR is

I agree my BMW was useless the LCR is like a land rover in comparison.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Bridgestones on, but been driving like a ***** on the slick stuff,
protecting my pride and joy. Even so the traction control kicks in now and then.
Not keen to see how badly it handles as there are sheets of ice near me 3 inches deep and vast in area.
Seen a lot of crunched cars too. Don't want to join them.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I take offence to the title of this thread. The LCR is brilliant in the snow, you just have to use appropriate tyres and know how to drive it.

I have my summer tyres on and I managed to get up a seriously crazy hill on Tuesday that had most FWD cars turning around (even ones with skinny tyres). I followed a 4X4 volvo up the hill and he was all over the place. This is in my lowered, remapped LCR on 225 40 18 vredestein ultrac sessantas.

I accept it's not built for the snow, but try owning a RWD in this weather and you will see how good the LCR is.

Couldn't agree more. Got Michelin Pilot Sports on mine - brilliant in the dry/wet but obviously not in the snow! I'd rather have fwd at the mo than rwd. Unfortuanately, I've seen a lot of 4x4 drivers behaving like tits, thinking that they're invincible but they don't realise the difference between traction and grip and if they have 4 wd but ordinary road tyres then they will go off road in a way they wern't expecting!

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
I ran my LCR for a bit the last time it snowed (pre-Christmas) - found that the electronic differential was doing a pretty good job of diverting power by braking the spinning wheel when I put just two wheels on the white stuff :)

Alex

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.