lcr rear bumper difuser mod

S17EW O

Hi guys am really interested in looking into modding my back bumper...where the black plastic piece is at the bottom which the exhaust comes out of.....I wanted to know does anyone supply a diffuser for this section....like found on the clio sports?if not does anyone know if these come off the clio bumper and could•e modified to fit or off any other car for that matter!

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
anything can be made to fit, given time and money.

you would need to buy a clio diffuser and see if it will fit, you may need two, one to use to section it, then use fusor to join the lot, prob about a £500 job- but unique

S17EW O

I can't even find the clio rear bumper that has a difuser in it lol

S17EW O

Hmm I dent think I'd need 2....am cpntenplating making abit of a bodge mould and fiberglassing one from scratch.....I'm guessing the black plastic piece out of the bumper on the lcr doesn't clip out and would need cutting out?

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
On kit cars ive seen a lot of guys doing this recently using ally and painting it black or using abs sheet and bending it. Id remove the grey plastic part and see what youve got to play with and attach stuff to. Id leave it with a slight overhang from the body to make it really stand out
1281519-5.jpg

S17EW O

hmm i can get hold of plent of ally, where can i get abs sheet and is it expensive....how bendable is it??

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
it does come off that bit its screwed under neath i was talking to the body shop what i use and they said when i have the back bumber painted they could fill it in so it would be all 1 colour and then if you wanted get sum good carbon fibre sheets.ie like d.k does and put it on.or just go over the black stroke grey with carbon fibre.

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
theres someone on here already done it ,think is one of the foreign members its on a white cupra with r bumpers i think and im shure it comes off an altea

S17EW O

hmm just had a look at his thread, its on the cupra bumper though not the cupra r.....and im not a fan of that tbf, it doesnt say its of the altea but ill have a look if the altea does have one!!

S17EW O

sorry yes it does, tbh i think it wouldnt be that hard to make one! just gotta work out the best process

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
the lower section of the cupra r bumper is a molded part of the bumper so you would need to go over that,

this clio?

renault-clio-sport-luxe-titel.jpg

what you would do is use one that is cut in half, make that fit the leon bumper, then use the second to piece the gap, use fusor a two part plastic to join it then paint

S17EW O

earlier someone sai the piece on the LCR is removable....i understand your thinking of how to make but the gap could be bridged in other ways such as fiberglass, alot op people just make them from scrate using alley sheet, this is a possibility

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise