LCR rolling road done today...disappointing and scary news!

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
Got the motor on the rolling road this morning to see how the car is running. i had a receipt from Raceevo uk when i bought the car showing 260bhp but no graph. i have since added a catback exhaust, dv and k+n. i didnt expect this to increase power only set me up for more mods.

anyway, the after 1 run on the machine the guy came off looking concerned. the graph showed 242bhp and 286lbft. from the look on the graph it comes on boost very strong at 3-3.5k revs then just levels of and doesnt do much.

not the power i was after but i wasnt expecting stupid numbers anyway. the concern is that apparently the car is running very lean ie not enough fuel which can lead to blowing my engine up. the guy made out that after a few laps on a track he'd expect the pistons to melt! he has told me to drive off boost where possible until i get it sorted. i wanted to get a stage 2 map or live map after a few more mods anyway but means im goin to have to dig deep to get it all done in one go.

i'd planned to get dp and decat and TIP then map again. would you think this is a good idea? any other suggestions?

anyone used Raceevo before? anyone know why it could be running dangerously lean?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Not enough fuel could be blocked fuel filter, knackered FPR, on it's way out fuel pump, blocked injectors.
As he advised, stay of boost :)

B3LSY

Take it to AmD essex mate i had a similer problem my pistons shrunk due to someone cooking the engine,the water pump was broken whitch caused it, i had to have a full engine rebuild,not cheap but now shes a beast.

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
Not enough fuel could be blocked fuel filter, knackered FPR, on it's way out fuel pump, blocked injectors.
As he advised, stay of boost :)

so is it worth checking these first? can i check these parts to see if they are ok or would it be a case of replacing them all?

whats FPR? fuel pressure regulator?

could vortex check these out for me Rocky?

dont want to be adding more mods then live map if i have something else causing the problems.

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
just replace the water pump with every cambelt change! its like £40 extra i think i paid!
as for running lean...
fueling is computer controled and not adjustable by a dealer etc. i'd suspect maf if you've fitted a filter (oily ones kill the hot wire) or fuel pressure - change filter and get it mapped propperly
get someone propper to do it like #REVO TECH# they've done an awesome job on my stage 2! really cant complain!
good luck with the problem chap!

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
the plan now is fit dp and decat (on order), fit ths TIP (also on order) then get an APR stage 2 map by awesome GTI. getting parts fitted at same tame as 60k cam belt change next couple of weekends so i'll get water pump changed and fuel filter changed and hopefully after map we should be all good.

how can i check the MAF though or is it a case of replacing it?

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
not done anything yet. got parts on order though as they were going to be ordered regardless.

when they are fitted goin up to awesome gti getting it on vag com see if is anything else up and get stage 2 sorted!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members