lcr scratched intruments

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
i like to keep my lcr in tip top condition and as we all know thats not a easy task but ive noticed more and more the dash clocks are getting more and more scratched , all i use is a soft cloth its getting o my t*ts now

any suggestions / ideas

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Youd don't by any chance let someone else clean do you? like on a service or something?

I have always had great dials until my car came back from a service and loads of scratches.

Try using a brand new cloth each time, or shake/wash properly the cloth as a bit of grime in the cloth can do the faintest of scratches and over time it becomes noticeable.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
make sure you use a lint free cloth as well, cloths can feels soft to the touch but actually have small hard particles that can cause scratches.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
As above, but not sure if there's anything you can do now that you've got the scratches...might be worth putting a post up in the Detailing section, as someone may well have a magic cure...

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Have a look for some Displex. It's designed for mobile phone screens to get rid of scratches, but might do the trick here too :)

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Have a look for some Displex. It's designed for mobile phone screens to get rid of scratches, but might do the trick here too :)

Is there anything you don't know Rob :blink:...it's my local's Pub Quiz 2mrw night, fancy popping up to sunny Kent for the evening :whistle:

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
i dont let any 1 clean my car, im too anal , i dont evenlet the wash it lol

i make sure the clothe is clean , ive even tried a proper window cloth and i think it has the same effect.

ive just oredered some displex from ebay 3 quid says it does phones and ipods worth a bash for 3 quid cheers

adrianmorris

May 17, 2004
Had the same problem. My LCR clocks got scratched the first day I picked up the brand new car by just trying to brush off some dust with a cloth. Either the plastic is soft or it's the angle it sits at that shows up the marks.

Got some Meguirs plastic polish which has got the worst of them out.
Adrian.