Lcr To Ibiza Cupra Tdi Revo

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
Im thinkin of changing my LCR to an ibiza cupra tdi with revo. Question is will the ibiza get close to the perfomance of the LCR...i have had an ibiza cupra tdi in the past but was some time ago now, i ac tually rejected it cause it was full of rattles and ride was solid but was nippy and good on fuel. Before i got my LCR i had a chipped Fabia VRS and thought that was faster in gear than the LCR so would a revod ibiza be able to play top end . Hope this thread doesnt turn into petrol vs deisel, just wondering if anyone on here has driven both and can give an honest opinion !

Cheers

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
I can tell you, the 'feeling' of torque can give a false impression of how quick something is, i.e. a chipped vRS, my mate has one, and I can beat him with relative ease, in any situation.

If were talking the 160bhp TDi Ibiza Cupra, out the box this wont be too far behind a LCR I would have thought and a REVO should bring it to within spitting distance.

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
i know aht you mean on that one i always used to think my old Leon Cupra TDi was rapid and could beat fast petrol cars, thats untill i got my LCR and drove a Leon TDI back to back and couldnt beleive how much quicker the LCR. When i got my Ibiza Cupra TDI i let the sales manager take it out (cause it was the first cupra they got ) and his immediate thought was that it wasnt too far off the LCR !

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
oh right no worries...can you back up the 'Fastest MK4 deisel ' statement or is it all in good fun...what power and torque you got ?

Triple D

DIESELDAVE said:
oh right no worries...can you back up the 'Fastest MK4 deisel ' statement or is it all in good fun...what power and torque you got ?
Its not proven yet, but im hoping 225 bhp and 350 lbft torque. Its been up to an accurate 145 mph and still had more left. Im hoping for the 300 bhp mark next year, but thats more costs.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Spanky said:
If were talking the 160bhp TDi Ibiza Cupra, out the box this wont be too far behind a LCR I would have thought and a REVO should bring it to within spitting distance.

Its closer than spitting distance!!! 2 LCR's on the road were a fair bit slower, and at the brands hatch trackday I considered my car quicker than standard LCR's which were there. Re-mapped LCR's are a completely different beast :cry: . As the video on that thread shows.

Revo'd Cupra TDI (ibiza), Is quicker than a standard LCR.

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
I think you would be more than happy with the amount of torque and power from the Revo'd tdi Cupra but you would probably miss the better handling and Brembos of the LCR. If you were to do a few handling mods to the tdi as well, you'd be laughing, power and economy!

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
yeah the handlin of the LCR i remember being way better and the ride was also very comfortable...the ibiza used to be bone shattering over pot hols etc ...but still used to put a smile on my face in a different way than the LCR

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
TDCupra said:
but you would probably miss the better handling and Brembos of the LCR. If you were to do a few handling mods to the tdi as well, you'd be laughing, power and economy!

Ibiza gets 4-pot Ap racing brakes, which by all accounts have a large braking area than brembros, so you wont miss anything there! Plus add on a forge strut brace and it'll handle much better too.

But saying all this I did go enquiring about a LCR not too long ago :whistle:

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
yeah the brakes were big but when i used to brake very hard the back end would pop out a little ! you refered to a video in your previous thread were is it ?

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
DIFT said:
Ibiza gets 4-pot Ap racing brakes, which by all accounts have a large braking area than brembros, so you wont miss anything there! Plus add on a forge strut brace and it'll handle much better too.

But saying all this I did go enquiring about a LCR not too long ago :whistle:

Do they all have AP racing brakes? The one I had, the calipers just said Seat Sport and they didn't feel any where near as good as the brembos. I would have thought it would take more than just a strut brace to make it handle better. The one I had didn't feel too planted when pushing hard, but saying that it was great fun and I have been thinking about going back to one, the LCR just costs too much to run when your doing loadsa mileage.

I was especially impressed with the way the tdi Cupra pulled all the way to the redline, the huge FMIC probably helped!

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
yeah totally agree with that..the running costs are high i only get 225 miles to a tank, i only do about 700 miles a month but it all adds up. i have always been a bif deisel fan but wanted to try a fast petrol which i have now...if the LCR did decent mpgs then i would be very happy...and if the ibiza cupra tdi would have handled like the LCR then would never have got shut....the dilema continues for me ha

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Ibiza will never handle as good as a LCR, but the strut brace made a huuuuge difference.

The Seat Sport Brakes are AP racing brakes! I believe Bill uses them on his Ibiza, so they must be pretty good.

At brands hatch the back end was very light when braking hard, but thats why I love ESP. Im not a bad driver but im not brilliant!

I would love a LCR but cant afford to run one. :(

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
DIESELDAVE said:
yeah totally agree with that..the running costs are high i only get 225 miles to a tank, i only do about 700 miles a month but it all adds up. i have always been a bif deisel fan but wanted to try a fast petrol which i have now...if the LCR did decent mpgs then i would be very happy...and if the ibiza cupra tdi would have handled like the LCR then would never have got shut....the dilema continues for me ha
You're lucky you only do 700 miles a month, I have to do more than double that at the moment. I try not to have too much fun with the accelerator and can get about 320 miles to a full tank @ about an average 32 mpg, no motorways!

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
spaniels fr said:
Its not proven yet, but im hoping 225 bhp and 350 lbft torque. Its been up to an accurate 145 mph and still had more left. Im hoping for the 300 bhp mark next year, but thats more costs.

300bhp don't be silly buy a 1.8T if you want 250+
anyway you r yet to beat my 1/4 mle run :p

diesel dave:

uh you won't miss brembo of lcr cos you will have great ap racing brakes plus the handling of the ibiza is great too being lighter

I think the only thing you'll miss is 5 doors and not visiting the petrol station as much!

good luck there is cheap 1 yr old ones going about at mo!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.