Lcr vs Fiesta ST on top gear

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
slim_boy_fat said:
Deny it till your hearts content but its been proved time again that a chipped TDI beezer can easily keep pace with a Standard LCR, with a remap the LCR should have the legs, but there is definatly not as much in it as every LCR owner would wish, this subject has been done to death.
By the time you got the TDI chipped you may have just bought a LCR in the first place! ;)

slim_boy_fat

Ben CTR said:
A chipped TDI may KEEP PACE as you put it, with a standard LCR. Although, would be slower. But against a Re-mapped one, no chance!!! If it's the old "in gear" scenario you're reffering to, then yeah, they may be slightly simular for about 6 mph. But if it's balls out acceleration through the gears..... again NO CHANCE!!! Anyway, you said this Ibiza that raced this guy was standard bar cat back and iduction kit... That was my main point!!!!)
You only have to look at there 1/4 mile times.
If anybody wants to prove me wrong, i'll meet them at the start line at Santa pod. (show me a TDI beezer with just re-map that runs very low 14's and i'll take you seriously) :rolleyes:

You clearly still have issues regarding the lack of performance of the LCR, and the relative possetion of performance by the humble Ibiza TDI when chipped.

A chipped LCR definatly is quicker but not by much and on the road probably not by anything. Been there done it read the fecking book, bought the tee shirt, rented the film, got the DVD as a present, looked at the Mpeg on the iternet wrote about it in SCN.

I am sure i have read somewhere that a chipped vRS Fabia has done sub 15s 1/4 miles.

Anyway who cares low 14s 1/4 is still fecking slow as a week in the jail..

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
slim_boy_fat said:
You clearly still have issues regarding the lack of performance of the LCR, and the relative possetion of performance by the humble Ibiza TDI when chipped.

A chipped LCR definatly is quicker but not by much and on the road probably not by anything. Been there done it read the fecking book, bought the tee shirt, rented the film, got the DVD as a present, looked at the Mpeg on the iternet wrote about it in SCN.

I am sure i have read somewhere that a chipped vRS Fabia has done sub 15s 1/4 miles.

Anyway who cares low 14s 1/4 is still fecking slow as a week in the jail..
If you say so mate....
Just cause you've gone out and bought an old shitter of a Porshe that's got a worse power/weight than a Revo'd LCR by some way. Where does that last comment show any sense... A chipped vRS may creep into the 15's @ about 88-90mph. That is a long way short of low 14's at terminals of close to 100mph, especially on the road, BELIEVE ME. If you knew anything about 1/4 racing you'd know that......

warren_cox

Back from the dead
With the greatest of respect, and looking at the bigger picture, how fast 2 boxes of metal can be self propelled down a strip of regulated tarmac is fairly immaterial and as Greyknight says nothing to get upset about. Always good for a bit of debate, but theres no need to get defensive over numbers.

The Leon Cupra / R is a quick car, but by todays engine technology standards its looking far less impressive than it did five/three years ago. The Ibiza FR TDi 130PD (Revo'd) I had back in April could keep up with standard S3's until it ran out of puff at 100ish and they kept going. This was on the fly. However from standing starts the car wasn't as quick as traction was a major issue. You only need to look at the manufacturers 0-60 times to see that the TDi's don't have the sprint speed. That said they are highly impressive by the nature of where they have come from.

I've owned 2 LCR's from new, both initially standard, then both mapped (one by AmD, one by Revo - to stage 2). They're quick, but they're not that quick (or as quick as some people seem to think). Mid range is fantastic with stage 2 + full Milltek, but in all honesty its not mindblowing. There are still Volvos and Saabs that would comfortable see us away, and I don't think there is night and day difference between my LCR and a TDi Cupra/FR. Maybe I'm an average driver, but TBH as long as I'm enjoying myself then feck everyone else - I don't even know half the people who have a pop at me on the bypass so their victory if it occurs is a fairly hollow one. Occasionally I enjoy a drag against something more exotic to see how much better their car is, but in the grand scheme of things if you enjoy the car you own how much does it really matter if its faster than someone elses?

So the ST Fiesta is faster round a tight track, but would it beat a Leon round Le Mans where the straights are long? We've all known forever that the realms of putting too much power through a FWD car with OE spec suspension/tyres etc.. is fraught with problems. As long as there's money in my pocket and food on the table and a smile on my face then 'whatever'.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
ninjabadger said:
and the GSXR1000 destroys all of them even on a tight twisty track

Dependant on the driver! I would quite gladly bet that my track prepped Daihatsu Charade would have the legs on a GSXR ridden by anyone who hasn't done some trackwork before. Any challengers and am sure Knockhill will let us on for a small fee.

cojjer

old enough to know better
Sep 28, 2005
Leicester innit
coxw said:
in the grand scheme of things if you enjoy the car you own how much does it really matter if its faster than someone elses? .......... As long as there's money in my pocket and food on the table and a smile on my face then 'whatever'.

I concur!

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
Ben CTR said:
If you say so mate....
Just cause you've gone out and bought an old shitter of a Porshe that's got a worse power/weight than a Revo'd LCR by some way......

i have to say I'm with coxw on this one, so put your :gay: hanbags away now please

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
I'm pretty new to LCR ownership, and have found some very interesting and helpful stuff on this forum. Its a shame though that a lot of threads turn into childish pissing contents much more suited to a Max Power-type website.

Each to their own eh?

slim_boy_fat

Ben CTR said:
If you say so mate....
Just cause you've gone out and bought an old shitter of a Porshe that's got a worse power/weight than a Revo'd LCR by some way. Where does that last comment show any sense... A chipped vRS may creep into the 15's @ about 88-90mph. That is a long way short of low 14's at terminals of close to 100mph, especially on the road, BELIEVE ME. If you knew anything about 1/4 racing you'd know that......

I think you need to calm down a bit, no make that a lot. Why do you persist in trying to degrade a resonable discussion into a slagging match with your purile comments.

Shame on you. The other members of SCN deserve better.

:no:

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
and on a lighter note... :)

vbh2.jpg

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
It wasn't dirested at other SCN members.... Hence the reason I qouted YOUR comment... Just have to agree to disagree on this one i suppose....
Anyway back to the Fiesta ST............

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Doesn't the fact that VBH can drive like a bloke tell you something?

SHE IS A CHICK WITH A ****!!!!

She is a munter, and not at all feminine.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Reg said:
Doesn't the fact that VBH can drive like a bloke tell you something?

SHE IS A CHICK WITH A ****!!!!

She is a munter, and not at all feminine.

If we were looking for someone feminine then wouldn't we all be with girls?

Oops

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
vroomtshh said:
If we were looking for someone feminine then wouldn't we all be with girls?

Oops

Correct. She is rather too masculine for a woman.

So a woman should be feminine, unless one's bread is buttered on the other side, so to speak.......

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
pish poor

U still would after a few! :p

No the chart is pish poor! putting road cars, track cars, motorbikes and commercail vehicals on the same chart?!!?!?! :doh:
sorry the chart means nothing top gear is better but still really shows nothing but pub talk.

I think thats why alot of people race 1/4 mile to finally show who is faster!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.