LCR - Warranty or IHI turbo? Help!

NiK

Leon Cupra R 225 Platinum
May 11, 2004
Peterborough
I have a 2004 Leon Cupra R about 6 months old and have reached a predicament (hope thats how its spelt)! Do I stop modding and keep my warranty in tact or do I go full wack and have the following:

- Jabba IHI stage 3 turbo upgrade :drool:
- AM 3" exhaust + sports cat
- AM FMIC
- AEM Cold air induction (from space saved with single IC :bleh: )

Obviously its down to personal choice in the end but what are people's thoughts? Any one had the IHI upgrade on a LCR (I did search but little came up)?

Any ideas what sort of 0-60 this should give? :confused:

Nick

04' Seat Leon Cupra R 225 Platinum
Forge FMCL007P Divertor Value
Autometer Boost & Volt Gauges in Double Pillar Pod
Blue Undercar LED Neon Kit (sorry but it looks the nuts)

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
No Lcr's with IHI as far as know. Only Ibizas, golfs and the odd Audi. Its a tough decission. and i think the final choice will be down to jabba as there aint a IHI kit available to my knowledge for the Lcr. I would ring jabba as they may well be 12 months off having a kit for a Lcr. Ring Jabba.

On the 0-60mph front it wont be that much better but from 2nd gear onwards it will be a diff animal to even a Chipped Lcr i would think.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I would say have it chiiped and get a quaf diff instead of the IHI. Why well none of these should really effect you warrenty (well there easily hidden!) also my 225 cant put the power through its boots anyway so pumping up the power over what she is now is just going to kill the wheels.

What is it your after an all rounder or a top end power mad beast? as there not the best thing to go around corners but a set of ARB's should help that to give you a better ride!

Id love an IHIdont get me wrong but is like having a horses pulling on a piece of string, strengthen the string (Diff) and youll be able to pull harder!

NiK

May 11, 2004
Peterborough
Spoke to Jabba they will do the kit for around £4000 including VAT. But I'll have to have it fitted myself as I understand there is a waiting list a year long.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
IHI produces it power so much diff from stnd turbo'd Seats. I always thought the Lcr's diff would cope. And i also thought it already had a 240mm clutch. Maybe speak to wilko with the IHI'd golf as its the nearest thing to a IHI'd Lcr.

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
I think they do have the kit for the lcr it is roghly the same as the mkIV golf. The only problem is the waiting list. I am number 30 or somthing like that. I spoke to mike last month and he said that they are trying to get all the ibizas done first.
To be hounest the longer i wait the more expensive it seems as you can get a gt28rs kit from atp for £2000. Great rate for the dollar!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yumann said:
To be hounest the longer i wait the more expensive it seems as you can get a gt28rs kit from atp for £2000. Great rate for the dollar!

Are you getting the car converted to LHD so it will fit too? :) :confused:

NiK

May 11, 2004
Peterborough
When speaking with Jabba they didn't mention any difficulties which I though they would have first of all. Here whats in the kit:

JS IHI turbocharger
JS Exhaust manifold
Turbo intake pipe
Exhaust down-pipe
Exhaust link-pipe
Coolant return pipe turbo to block
Coolant feed pipe to turbo
Boost pipe from turbo to std pipe
Fitting kit (gaskets, bolts etc)
MAF tube
440cc Bosch fuel injectors
Up-rated fuel pump
Boost controller​

£3,155.81 inc. VAT

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yumann said:
Is there fitting issues with this kit? I thought it would have fitted. The only problem i think would be the down pipe?

DP and steering rack & brake servo/resevoir... because turbo sits the wrong side of manifold as its for LHD car..
When there's a suitable RHD manifold available, then Garrett's will become more popular on ATP type kits..
Not sure what James @ JBS was working on... but Garrett and LHD manifold to suit was mentioned a while back.
Worth a call perhaps..

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
ibizacupra said:
DP and steering rack & brake servo/resevoir... because turbo sits the wrong side of manifold as its for LHD car..
When there's a suitable RHD manifold available, then Garrett's will become more popular on ATP type kits..
Not sure what James @ JBS was working on... but Garrett and LHD manifold to suit was mentioned a while back.
Worth a call perhaps..

Dont jabba do there manifolds with a t3 flange as an option? Remember reading that somewhere.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
You can convert a Jabba maifold to fit but if your gonna do this u might as well buy the IHI. Speak to Addo and Shockxe about using Garrets, they have a Gt28rs on Addo's car. They might be able to help with some general info.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yumann said:
Dont jabba do there manifolds with a t3 flange as an option? Remember reading that somewhere.
It is cast with T3 flange so would just require drilling and tapping.
It will be tight.. but has been done on a GT28R on a Corrado I know of.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.