Le Mans 2007 - Your experiences Good and Bad

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well after attending our 1st Le Mans, i thought it would be good to post up our good and bad experiences and would be interested to see everyone elses.

GOOD:

1. Convoy down - Such a good feeling, seeing all makes of cars, people admiring our cars, waving and thumbs up etc
2. The excitement as you pull into the camp site and you realise that this is something special.
3. Setting up your gear, and drinking the 1st beer.
4. Everyones love and interest of motorsport/cars means no awkward introductions
5. Mad Friday ! WTF
6. The sound at 3pm Saturday, spine tingling
7. The sight of every single exotic/luxury/performance car
8. Great company and team spirit.

BAD:

1. The Rain !
2. The Rain causing our camp site to flood and turn the pitches into a mud bath meaning our cars were stranded from Thursday onwards.
3. Location of our camp pitch meant to get anywhere it mean a walk of at least two miles !
4. The disgracefull organisation with regards to getting the cars moved which wont be forgotton and should be a warning to all.
5. traffic management within the site
6. Johnny Frenchman in his tractor driving up to the site and asking if anyone wants there car moved for Euros, then driving off when he got no takers.

To leave somewhere as special as Le Mans a day early really does highlight the bad points, but you live and learn. I do hope to go again in the future with perhaps a bit more luck and a lot more hindsight.

Last edited:

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Sounds like a washout! Bit of a shame really. im at Donny this weekend for the MotoGP. Hope its not like that otherwise ill not be bothering camping!

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Phil - your cars looked really groovy on the M20 ;)

The rain....... :cry:

Our pitch won the "best river feature" award......

Dscf3759.jpg

Dscf3760.jpg

Dscf3898.jpg

Deleted member 14928

2nd time to Le Mans yet i still didnt feel prepared espcially for the rain! Just meant i had to buy a SEAT SPORT umbrella :)

I think i might have seen a few of you guys on the last day as you were packing up and going home. I too was at Beaujour and experienced the extensive mud and rain! Note to self : next time pay more for a nicer campsite :)

Good points - The drive there and back (N138), Friday eve @ the roundabout, the race, both Audi and Aston winning, the rally slag look!

Bad points - the rain, the puddles, geting the car stuck everytime i wanted to go anywhere on the campsite, a wet tent, warm beer!

Overall. A great weekend. would definatly do this again!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Nice trip had by all, still here. sometthing about france my belly dont agree with though!
Looks fecking wet where you guys camped!
Lovely drive round the track the day after! (Mulsanne, Arnage, Indianapolis!)

Triple D

:-o cant belive how much rain and mud you had at that campsite :-o truely shocking, but its a good job the weather didnt put a downer on peoples spirits :D

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Can't beat a mini track day on apart of the track, the rain was bad but we were in our gite so it was'nt that bad. The locals waving as you drive back from Le Mans

One bad thing I tw@ted my splitter and its got a lump out of it, But all is not lost i ordered one from the Seat dealer in le mans!!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Can't beat a mini track day on apart of the track, the rain was bad but we were in our gite so it was'nt that bad. The locals waving as you drive back from Le Mans

One bad thing I tw@ted my splitter and its got a lump out of it, But all is not lost i ordered one from the Seat dealer in le mans!!

aye, we saw the dealership on the way out.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Shouldn't worry, the outlook is kind of bleak for Oulton too.

Maybe not as bad as the above, but its going to rain at some point over the weekend.

You going up Saturday too? Or just on the Sunday!

I'm trying to get there Saturday, much better photo possibilities then. If we do we'll probably be at the hairpin get get some three-wheel action ;)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
What weather, that was tame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you all it was gonna rain, we were due it,, But i think it was quite tame compared to 2001 ( last wet race). Least it was bloody warm this time and only really rained shortly before the race and at the end.

Although this year as a rule was nothing like previous years. i have put a post up on Club Arnage about the golden Era being over, as there were wy to many newbies this year and the chav factor was well and truly there. Anyone who went for the first time this year, glad you enjoyed it. but usually Le mans is 10 x times better than that.

Fingers crossed next year is better. oh and not as bloody busy, can tell the ACo want the bucks.

f1btn

we where im maison blanche and had no problems with the mota's but we where next to a tarmac road! the rain was insane though dont think i want to see anymore for a while:blink:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members