Leak in offside back passenger footwell?

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
yea only the bottom half i did as would be very suprised if the water level got up above that (prob struggle to open the door aswell lol).

One question i have is that i used clear silicone which dries but seems now that it didnt seal it correctly and think that i should have used the black stuff that stays tacky all the time (bloody horrible stuff but think that it would seal the door so much better). What did everyone use on theirs?

B3LSY

i had the same problem water in the back not in the front,i had bloked waste holes on the passenger door just take the rubber seal off the door clean out the wholes

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
just taken all my carpets out mine to dry the rubber/felty thing that goes under the top carpet as it was absolutely sopping with water. i got the actual top black carpet dry, but further inpection revealed lots of water, i knew the rear nearside door was leaking so the other day i took the door card off to try and seal it, there must of been 3" of water behind the door card and in the door.

Going to have to take the card off again to check everythings good and bang more sealer in there. hopefully it'll work.

Jekyll

Have the same problem on all 4 doors of my 52 plate Cupra, on sunday I sealed the drivers door as a bit of a test before undertaking all four.
Thankfully it worked a treat so today I have completed the other 3 doors, took me no more than 30mins per door.
Uber cred goes to the forum and members for such a detailed guide. :)

Many thanks!

edited to add: oh and it cost the princely total of £2, a pound for the gun and a pound for the silicone, total bargain!!

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
What silicone is everyone using folks!!!!!? cos my first attempt has failed with the stuff that dries but not sure whether to put more on or change and use the horrible black stuff that stays sticky?

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
I thought that and thats the one i used, but because im not removing the silver panel completely its awkward to get the silicone in smooth and presume thats why my leak is still there :(. Going to get red carpets when i get this leak fixed as the carpet in there now will always have that damp smell in it. Think i might try the black stuff that will definately (hopefully lol) seal it!

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Dont they get the same probs then, surely the same door card setup cos my mate has a golf that does the same thing?

J2W

I have unfortunately suffered from this too.... it could be the door sills, a simple enough job, i think there is some really good guides on here , on how to clean them. I had my inner door skins repaired on mine and that stopped it. I also had a major leak in the bulkhead which was a major warranty job. Just unlucky i guess - in that a portion of welding had not sealed it. Was all sorted by SEAT UK and now dry as a bone.

The rear wiper problem is a possibility and one I had on a Mk 4 GTI golf a few years before the LCR. Try the door sills and a water test first beforen looking for any leaky bulkheads - that was very unusual, so be a little reassured. Hoe you get it sorted - you have my fully sysmpathy.

Matt Pounder

Hi, i'm a newbie to this site but have owned my leon cupra tdi for 3.5 years. Never really had any serious probs, just the usual rattles that sounds like the dash is about ready to collapse. But recent weeks i have heard water running out of my drivers door when i open it. Now also found wet patch in middle of drivers footwell. Found loads of crud underneath the seal that covers the drain holes in door, would this be a more likely possibility than the seal goin on inner door plate and my carpet hasn't dried out yet?:help:

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
just undo the bolts around the door carrier but leave in the top row and squeeze clear silicone around it and bolt it back up and wipe away the excess. its that easy and only takes a few hours to do ALL the seals.

bennyfive

hi, i think i have the same problem around the boot hinge which is running down under the rear seats and then into the foot well. how did you sort it? did you have to remove some headliner? or just seal around the hinge?
thanks
ben

Last edited by a moderator:

timb551

Any chance someone can take some pics on how to fix it next time they have to do it. Im really not very good at this sort of thing and help would be great as my rear footwell is full of water as well.

thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise