Lease delivery times

El Dingo

Jun 8, 2003
Norfolk
I ordered in July 21, a VZ2 245 Hybrid through Lex and there is still no build date for the vehicle. The ETA stock date is March 23. Mad. 22 months is the predicted delivery time!
This is insane. I ordered in December 2021, same car as you from the same lease company. I just checked and there is still no build date. So from your experience I might not get delivery until October 2023? Wow.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
This is insane. I ordered in December 2021, same car as you from the same lease company. I just checked and there is still no build date. So from your experience I might not get delivery until October 2023? Wow.
Person from Lex told me that there is no build slot allocated to the vehicle and that the end of March was an ETA stock date. The dealer has set that date based on what they are seeing from other orders waiting for build dates. I did request the SLI number from Lex to check things directly with Cupra, but they have not come back to me with that. It's really nuts, even given these strange times.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I wonder whether it's through the same dealer! I'll let you know if I get a build date anytime soon!

Leep

Jul 10, 2021
I wonder whether it's through the same dealer! I'll let you know if I get a build date anytime soon!
Person from Lex told me that there is no build slot allocated to the vehicle and that the end of March was an ETA stock date. The dealer has set that date based on what they are seeing from other orders waiting for build dates. I did request the SLI number from Lex to check things directly with Cupra, but they have not come back to me with that. It's really nuts, even given these strange times.
This does seem crazy to me, I ordered mine in may 21 and was delivered in December as with a lot of others who have commented on here

Reactions: RJP

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
Mine is ordered through Swansway Group Fleet.
I don't know who the dealer is that Lex have it on order from. I might ask. You mentioned a summer/new build year reset in your other post. What happened there, as I've not heard of that? I hope it's correct that they are ramping up production. I'm hopeful a build date will be assigned soon, but it's still saying Ordered ETA Stock date of 27/03/2023! Crazy! Cheers.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
@Leep what spec was yours, please? I'm almost starting to think that the dealer has forgotten to place the actual order with Cupra! Cheers.

El Dingo

Jun 8, 2003
Norfolk
@Leep what spec was yours, please? I'm almost starting to think that the dealer has forgotten to place the actual order with Cupra! Cheers.
For what it's worth, mine should be a VZ2 hybrid. I think that Lex and Swansway are managing expectations here. I'm going to recommend cancellation. It's bad enough that we don't get a delivery date but it seems that the vehicle software may not be for for purpose.

Oct 5, 2022
Hi - new to this forum 👋

I ordered a VZ5 yesterday from scratch because they don't have any vehicles in stock across Switzerland. Originally from the UK but expat out here. Does anyone know what the current build time is and estimated delivery?

Mar 22, 2024
Hi all,

First post and I'm excited to be a member of the group!

I've recently submitted an order through Leasing Options, apparently the car is stuck in the UK Port waiting for delivery to the dealership.

Anyone else in the same boat / have knowledge on how long this usually takes? The leasing company say they have 10000 cars stuck their currently!

Sold my GLE to We buy any car yesterday so I'm doubly excited to get behind the wheel :)

thanks
I've ordered mine in beginning of March 2024, also with Leasing Options, also with delays in the UK Port, still waiting for delivery :oops: