Lease delivery times

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
I've been with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts who were okay. First Vehicle Leasing who were brilliant. Now with Leasing Options who are the worst.
I guess most of these leasing companys are going to get some stick, I thought Zen auto were brilliant dead on lead time 13 weeks is all they took.When I drive my cupra now I still think of you guys not having your cars , so would count myself lucky , but they seems to be getting scarce 😞 I've only seen 1 other white cupra leon since getting it and people still look at it is such a different feeling feeling when ladys come up goldiggers and say that's a nice car what is it, well when you explain you have a missus at home it shortcuts the convo lol.

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
Lmao! Tbf I see more formentors than I do the Cupra Leon. I don't think there will be many of them about for quite a while. Which is always a good thing.

I get how every company is in the same boat. I just find the way Leasing Options do things seems like such a faff and they only seem to reply to emails right before they clock off.

Reactions: Splosho

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Lmao! Tbf I see more formentors than I do the Cupra Leon. I don't think there will be many of them about for quite a while. Which is always a good thing.

I get how every company is in the same boat. I just find the way Leasing Options do things seems like such a faff and they only seem to reply to emails right before they clock off.
This is the first time I've leased and first time I've gone for a new car. I know everyone is in the same situation, but the one thing that's annoying me with LO is the lack of information and that I have had to chase to get anything. I even emailed the supplying dealer head office and shortly after LO emailed me potentially late Jan/early Feb build, but not to contact the supplier again 🙃 Other Lease companies seem to give an eta even if it gets moved constantly which I get and would much prefer, rather than none. with LO you just always get still non build date emails all the time....

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
This is the first time I've leased and first time I've gone for a new car. I know everyone is in the same situation, but the one thing that's annoying me with LO is the lack of information and that I have had to chase to get anything. I even emailed the supplying dealer head office and shortly after LO emailed me potentially late Jan/early Feb build, but not to contact the supplier again 🙃 Other Lease companies seem to give an eta even if it gets moved constantly which I get and would much prefer, rather than none. with LO you just always get still non build date emails all the time....

We have had a very similar experience haven't we mate. Did LO genuinely tell you not to contact the supplier? I think NVC were over the moon when I said I would chase it myself :LOL: NVC have been rubbish with updates... JCT600 have now been emailing me every single update since I complained about it through their Facebook page.

Reactions: Splosho

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
That's exactly the same as me. I heard nothing so I chased up the dealer who couldn't give me any information but then an hour later I got an ETA email from LO. My account manager NEVER answers his phone or replies to emails. It's not like I'm pestering. It would be simple questions of can I upgrade the wheels or put a private reg on.

Only just got my documents this week after chasing them. Sent them back signed. Now it takes 3 days for the finance provider to receive them.... Then a 14 day cooling off period...
( ordered months ago, I don't need 14days ) and THEN they can look at delivery...

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
We have had a very similar experience haven't we mate. Did LO genuinely tell you not to contact the supplier? I think NVC were over the moon when I said I would chase it myself :LOL: NVC have been rubbish with updates... JCT600 have now been emailing me every single update since I complained about it through their Facebook page.
We have indeed 😆 definitely drawn the short straw. I contacted Swansway head office via FB and someone got back and said she'll find out for me and let me know and never got back. Then about 15 mins after LO gave an update about potential Jan/Feb and said to refrain from contacting the supplier as everything has to go through LO, so it's not great :(

• Sad
Reactions: MrBiggles87

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
We have indeed 😆 definitely drawn the short straw. I contacted Swansway head office via FB and someone got back and said she'll find out for me and let me know and never got back. Then about 15 mins after LO gave an update about potential Jan/Feb and said to refrain from contacting the supplier as everything has to go through LO, so it's not great :(

Yeah indeed we did, although it looks like some owners have drawn even shorter straws, having ordered in May and still no build week! Sounds to me like the supplying dealership might have had a moan, which LO had to action? I dunno but thats annoying. Was Jan/Feb the build week or delivery date?

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
That's exactly the same as me. I heard nothing so I chased up the dealer who couldn't give me any information but then an hour later I got an ETA email from LO. My account manager NEVER answers his phone or replies to emails. It's not like I'm pestering. It would be simple questions of can I upgrade the wheels or put a private reg on.

Only just got my documents this week after chasing them. Sent them back signed. Now it takes 3 days for the finance provider to receive them.... Then a 14 day cooling off period...
( ordered months ago, I don't need 14days ) and THEN they can look at delivery...

I appreciate that this is a weird and difficult time due to the shortage, but customer service shouldn't have to take a hit along with it. We shouldn't have to chase this much to get a simple reply. I also think they SHOULD be giving customers bad news, at least they know where they stand.

Puts me off leasing next time.

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Yeah indeed we did, although it looks like some owners have drawn even shorter straws, having ordered in May and still no build week! Sounds to me like the supplying dealership might have had a moan, which LO had to action? I dunno but thats annoying. Was Jan/Feb the build week or delivery date?
Yeah it sounds like they had a moan 😆 Just the eta build date so I'm guessing the earliest I'll see the car at this rate is March

• Sad
Reactions: MrBiggles87

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester

I've never really dealt with my account manager apart from the initial order and then a time about if they ordered the wrong colour. As I spoke to Cupra when they were still giving updates and mentioned Graphene Grey when I ordered Mag Tech Grey, but I think it was just a copy and paste error. I've been dealing with Georgina from CS who's been trying to do her best which I appreciate and must be frustrating for them

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
I've never really dealt with my account manager apart from the initial order and then a time about if they ordered the wrong colour. As I spoke to Cupra when they were still giving updates and mentioned Graphene Grey when I ordered Mag Tech Grey, but I think it was just a copy and paste error. I've been dealing with Georgina from CS who's been trying to do her best which I appreciate and must be frustrating for them
Georgina and Danielle have been great tbf. Just frustrating when you don't hear anything and then when you chase them up, they chase up the dealer and come back with info sometimes.
Account Manager did the initial sale and then never heard from him after that. I did notice on their signature that their role changes sometimes.
Vehicle Enquiry in May - In Stock
Vehicle Ordered same Day - In Stock
Account Mgr orders vehicle - Oct Delivery
.........you said it was in stock but okay ......
Updates - Nov Delivery
Updates - Dec Delivery
Update - Jan Delivery.

Jan 12, 2022
My lease order for a Cupra VZ2 Formentor 310 (Mag Grey) was placed in June 2021 with a well-known Cheshire-based dealer. Was told September delivery (but realistically I knew it wouldn't happen with the chip shortage, supply chain issues etc.). As expected, got told by the dealer the delivery isn't going to happen in 2021.

Enquired in the New Year, and surprise, surprise, it's going to be a June ETA. Apparently, I don't have a Build Week, let alone an unconfirmed BW. Just have an 'Order Accepted' status, which is like no progress has been made at all in the last seven months. What's worrying is this is the exact, same scenario with my new MK8 Golf R order (wife's car), although we placed the order for that car in March 2021 – now been told by the dealer it's a ridiculous ETA of a June 2022 delivery!

I don't know if I'm being screwed around by the leasing companies/supplying dealers but people who have ordered their Formentor 310 models and expecting a 4-5 months delivery time may have to wait a bit longer than the anticipated time.

Reactions: Bear

The_Neen

Jan 4, 2022
My lease order for a Cupra VZ2 Formentor 310 (Mag Grey) was placed in June 2021 with a well-known Cheshire-based dealer. Was told September delivery (but realistically I knew it wouldn't happen with the chip shortage, supply chain issues etc.). As expected, got told by the dealer the delivery isn't going to happen in 2021.

Enquired in the New Year, and surprise, surprise, it's going to be a June ETA. Apparently, I don't have a Build Week, let alone an unconfirmed BW. Just have an 'Order Accepted' status, which is like no progress has been made at all in the last seven months. What's worrying is this is the exact, same scenario with my new MK8 Golf R order (wife's car), although we placed the order for that car in March 2021 – now been told by the dealer it's a ridiculous ETA of a June 2022 delivery!

I don't know if I'm being screwed around by the leasing companies/supplying dealers but people who have ordered their Formentor 310 models and expecting a 4-5 months delivery time may have to wait a bit longer than the anticipated time.
I ordered a VZ3 Leon in September and was told Jan/Feb - Sure enough, Jan is now here - no build week scheduled, no communication at all. And this was through a main dealer. I dont think you're being screwed by the leasing company - i think we are all being screwed! lol

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
How are those with factory orders on lease deals going with waiting on their cars? Have things improved somewhat?

Jan 12, 2022
How are those with factory orders on lease deals going with waiting on their cars? Have things improved somewhat?
My lease order was processed and completed on the 12th of Jan. My 'earliest anticipated delivery date' has been the 18th of August from the moment I ordered to now. No other information or news has been provided since then. I am expecting it to be pushed back after having no new information from the lease firm.

• Wow
Reactions: Sly870

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I ordered in week 8, was told it would be 8 to 10 weeks delivery as things were now "pretty much back to pre-pandemic times". It's now week 23, and apparently the car has been built last week and will be arriving in the UK "within 3 to 6 weeks" as of last week. So pretty much double the lead time I was quoted. That's for a basic V2 150 dsg with metallic paint .

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Some lease companies have in stock cars right now. I ordered on Monday and should get it in 4 weeks. The car exists, and by all accounts is at the docks, due to the dealer by 13th Jul, maybe even sooner. My previous Leon Cupra was a little quicker than they said.

Of course as an in stock car I had no options to choose except colour, but its fine.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022

Hello there. Have you got your Formentor yet? I ordered roughly the same time as you in July 21, a VZ2 245 Hybrid through Lex and there is still no build date for the vehicle. The ETA stock date is March 23. Mad. 22 months is the predicted delivery time!

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I ordered in July 21, a VZ2 245 Hybrid through Lex and there is still no build date for the vehicle. The ETA stock date is March 23. Mad. 22 months is the predicted delivery time!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise