leather interior?

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
hi guys, i'm the proccess of tracking down my ideal leon cupra (tdi) does anyone know how common the leather interior is?, as i've only seen two to date with it fitted. The mileage / price was a bit high on both of these. Am i making things excessively difficult in waiting for one with leather to pop up?

any help would be great, thanks.

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
I had the leather on my TDi and to be honest I got mine free but I wouldnt pay for it as its only the seat facings that are leather.

Like some of the replies say you would be better buying the car you like then getting the seats re-trimmed to your liking.

Do a search on here as some of the memebers have had this done.

sjtscott

Now with added Revo! :-)
Apr 15, 2003
London UK
Visit site
Negociated the price on my Cupra when buying new and effectively got the leather leccy seats thrown in for free.
I don't think many opt for this factory fit option, personally it does make the interior a bit more classy than the std cloth, esp as door cards get done in leather too.
TBH if they'd offered leather as an option on the R I would have probably got one of those instead.

Tom_TDi

I've got leather in mine, didn't realise it was so rare untill after i had bought it :funk:

Here is the only pic i have of it...

2.jpg

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I have it too! Mine was factory order when I bought the car new - click on the link in my sig! The leather seats came with electrics too (no memory though) on the 2004 Cupra and 2005 FR - not sure about earlier models so you'd need to check.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
paul26982 said:
fook that for a game of soldiers 11 hundred quid

If you were selling something for that price you might at least get rid of the leaves so that it doesn't look like the seats have been sitting outside for a few days (which they probably have)

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
MarkE said:
If you were selling something for that price you might at least get rid of the leaves so that it doesn't look like the seats have been sitting outside for a few days (which they probably have)

you've lost me with that one :think:

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
I've got leather in mine too. Did not know either that it was a rare option.
Put's another smile on my face. lol

Does get hot though in this weather when I forget to put up the sunscreen.

paul26982

was going to go for a leather re-trim but now fancy just cloth with maybe half suede

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
seems it is just as rare as i thought it was then! lol. i'm yet to sell my car so i'll see what comes up whilst i'm waiting otherwise i'l jst go for the standard trim. But i definatley think it makes the interior seem that bit more special.

thanks for the replies anyways guys.

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
my reply to this could go either way, but yes i do like the smell of leather! yet another reason for me to hang on til i find the right car. Do you all think 39k is a high mileage for a 2004 cupra tdi? just i've found one exactly what want but thinking the mileage is a little high.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.