Lemmiwinks / Leon / Serial Cable Question

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
([:@] two steps forward, one back)

Has anyone had any success using Lemmiwinks on a Leon, with a serial cable?

I've tried pulling fuse 11, but I still get Waiting For 0x55 Character (*BAD ECU RESPONSE*)

Last edited:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
As in the same tool as custom settings?
Ive used it before on mine, tell you what, lend us your sps3 and Ill lend you my cable :)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
As in the same tool as custom settings?
Ive used it before on mine, tell you what, lend us your sps3 and Ill lend you my cable :)

Let's take this a step at a time.......
1) Brendy- I didn't know you were still on here! :D
2) I bought myself a USB cable on ebay today - waiting for it to appear
3) pm me your address for me to send my SPS3. :)

Has anyone successfully used a serial cable with Lemmiwinks?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Yes mate I used lemmiwinks before and worked fine, generally turning the SEL scaling down a little for the missus!!!
Still on here, getting a new VRS octy next week and the leon will still be the weekender :) the missus is using it for school run at the moment.
The serial cable I have only has a few pins on it but seems to work with every motor ive ever plugged it into including my old cordy,tdi leon, ibiza cupra r, my cupra, a couple of fr leons and the odd vw. Lemmiwinks was only used on my car though.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just down loaded a copy for playing around, dont undertstand what they do .lol, I know it only works with revo, but what kind of adjustments are availble?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
You can modify fuel trims etc, scale down the turbo %, adjust revs, warmup fuel enrichment etc
lemmi.jpg

Its no replacement for sps3 though as you can only turn the boost/sensetivity down.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I've not had any problem using my serial cable on several Leons. I just can't seem to get Lemmiwinks to run on it. I'm using the same Com setting as when I use it with Vag-Com. Pulling fuse 11 made no difference.

I'll have to try Unisettings with a USB cable........

I'm needing to add timing.......

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I've not had any problem using my serial cable on several Leons. I just can't seem to get Lemmiwinks to run on it. I'm using the same Com setting as when I use it with Vag-Com. Pulling fuse 11 made no difference.

I'll have to try Unisettings with a USB cable........

I'm needing to add timing.......

just thought id say i had the same problem as you with my old serial cable...

it worked with vag com fine BUT would not work with CC's software, which looks very similar to lemmiwinks (hence me posting this)

so I bought this cable as a m8 has it and he uses vag com and CC software! and sure enough it worked for me!
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VAGUSB.html (unfortunately I could only find the USB version of my cable on their website which is twice the price, but i assume it will work for you!)

so it appears SOME serial cables will only work with vag com and others will work with vag com AND CC/lemmiwinks!

hope this helps! :)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
just thought id say i had the same problem as you with my old serial cable...

it worked with vag com fine BUT would not work with CC's software, which looks very similar to lemmiwinks (hence me posting this)

so I bought this cable as a m8 has it and he uses vag com and CC software! and sure enough it worked for me!
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VAGUSB.html (unfortunately I could only find the USB version of my cable on their website which is twice the price, but i assume it will work for you!)

so it appears SOME serial cables will only work with vag com and others will work with vag com AND CC/lemmiwinks!

hope this helps! :)

Thanks, James!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
DPJ, do you want cable that connects serial to SPS device?

Is there such a thing, Mark? :confused:
(There obviously is, or you wouldn't be asking)

Dave (getting his SPS3 out of the envelope that he is using to post it to CordobaBrendy) pulls the plug out of the end of his SPS3 for the very first time and is astonished to see another connector inside :redface:

Where do I get one of those? :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Is there such a thing, Mark? :confused:
(There obviously is, or you wouldn't be asking)

Dave (getting his SPS3 out of the envelope that he is using to post it to CordobaBrendy) pulls the plug out of the end of his SPS3 for the very first time and is astonished to see another connector inside :redface:

Where do I get one of those? :)

:clap: serial connection that functions as a vag-com lead.

9 way D type to SPS3. I'll bring it to awesome if it'll be any use

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.