Leon 1.8 20vt 180 loss of power

mikey_p

I have a 2001 leon cupra 1.8t 180bhp, completely standard (for now!) and i'm losing power from 1000-4000rpm.

I checked it with VAG-COM and a fault came up as low pressure between thottle control valve and turbo (DV). Does anyone know what this could be whether its a leaking hose or the Diverter Valve is goosed or maybe the fuel pump? (or something worse!). I unplugged the MAF and plugged it back in just to make sure VAG-COM picked it up so that seems to be fine.

Cheers,

Mikey P

ADAMWIGGY

Hi mikey my leon cupra had exactly the same problem and that was the code coming up as well, was told by the garage that this was a process of elimination as it could be a few things. I have cured my problem by 1:changing the n75 valve and then having the throttle body whipped off and thouroughly cleaned.
my car has only done 60,000 but the difference having the throttle body cleaned was amazing,idled better better performance and mpg and to have the valve changed a full service and the throttle body off and cleaned only cost £150 money well spent imo.:)

not saying this is your problem but fully cured mine and probably a good place to start. hope this helps adam.

mikey_p

Thanks for the advice, after reading a few other posts it definately seems like a good place to start since most of my driving is around town anyway.

Cheers,

Mikey P

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise