leon aerial amplifyer problem!! HELP!!!

llebrevilo

Right i am having a problem with my LCR aeriel.

I have an after market headset and i bought the amplifyer for it at weekend, but i will be damned if i know what i am doing to fit it in.

The sitting instructions state wire it into socket 5 in the ISO block! I am taking it that it means the iso thet comments from the cars original block to the ISo for the headunit? There is a blue wire coming from what i can see to be socket 5 and i have wired it into that but nothing has happened.

I am a real novice at this and would really appreciate the help and guidence from you guys on here.

Thanks

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
It just needs a 12v feed - pref the IGN feed so that it's not on all the time

If the loom from the back of the headunit has bullet connectors on it, you can just wrap the end of the blue amplifier wire around the bullet of the connector and jam it back in

As you may know already, the 12v (permanent) and IGN need to be swapped anyway to get the headunit to turn off when you remove the key, so swap the red & yellow wires over and jam the blue wire into the connector that has the yellow wire running into the headunit

* the amplifier earths through the aerial / headunit
* if your headunit loom doesn't have bullet connectors on the red & yellow wires, you may have to cut and crimp/solder these, so connect the amplifier (blue) wire at the same time