leon angel headlights

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Do you mean the angel eye ring? If so it's just held on with 3 spots of 'soft' glue. It has 3 lipped clips that locate it, but it's not a secure fit hence the glue. I reckon a hotglue gun would be fine to fix them back in place with. It does mean removing the bumper to get the lights off though which IS a pain.

10 minutes with a hairdryer around the seal once you've taken the metal clips off will seperate them ( will need a bit of pulling ) but just make sure you've got some soft sealant to seal them back up with.

Yeh it's the Angel Eye ring...was trying to sort out the steaming up headlight problem when the ring fell out :( ...then since the ring has been up beside the full beam which has melted the top of it :cry: stupid I know :doh: but knew the front bumper was a pure handlin to take off so didn't have the time to save the ring ;)

But on Wednesday a mate of mine is doing a few finishing touches to the Leon so the front and back bumpers will be coming off so I will be trying to sort out the headlight with both the ring and the steaming up problems and going to put in a set of ice blue bulbs (no HID's yet :lol:) into both headlights too...may as well seeing I'm going to all the effort with the front bumper :D

Tell me this I had a quick look the other day at the rings and I noticed that there were small bulbs that light up the eyes is that correct?...would you have any tips on how to make them a bit more whiter/bluer because as they sit now they are very yellowish?

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
You can just replace them with W5W xenon coloured LEDS ... direct fit :) Either that or do what i'm doing and replace the entire thing with CCFL halo rings :)

Thanks must try putting in the LED's because the yellowish rings wreck my head :lol:

How many LED's would I need to get is it four?

Let us know how the CCFL halo rings go hope you'll have a few pics up :D

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
you're going to cry .. it needs 4 LED per ring and there's 2 rings in each light plus one LED sidelight :)

Pics of what i'm up to are here

Ugh I think I am going to cry :cry: :lol:

Had a wee search there on ebay would this be the sort of LED bulb you mean? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2X-6-LED-Xeno...ryZ72233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How much do you recogn a shop might sell these for or would Ebay be cheaper? Can these be fitted when the bumper is on or would it have to be off?

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Ah great stuff I may get buying off that link then will come in very useful :D What would you say would be better for Ice Blue bulbs having a White or a Blue ring?

As long as it can be done with the bumper on because I doubt I'll get the LED's on time for Wednesday when the bumper is for coming off

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I would go for a white light as it still has a hint of blue in it ... the blue leds are really BLUE. Just remember the LEDS only work one way round in the plugs even though they fit both ways :) Be careful removing the glass wedge bulbs as they're fairly thin glass and can shatter if you squeeze them too tight when removing them.

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
I would go for a white light as it still has a hint of blue in it ... the blue leds are really BLUE. Just remember the LEDS only work one way round in the plugs even though they fit both ways :) Be careful removing the glass wedge bulbs as they're fairly thin glass and can shatter if you squeeze them too tight when removing them.

That's what I was thinking too...the bulbs I have I think are just very white with a hint of blue so the White LED's will match them perfectly (hopefully) Yeh I'd be pretty handy with electronics studying to be a technology and design teacher one day...note the "one day" who knows then that will be :lol:

Oh God good job you mentioned that because knowing my luck they'll get shattered :D

Thanks for all your help let's just hope I don't mess this up :lol:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
DCP_0111.jpg

DCP_0112.jpg

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
Hi all,

Interseting post. I have some agel eye lights like the ones above but have not yet had the time to fit them. Still trying to weigh up pros and cons!!!!!

One question though... what bulbs do these lights use?

PaulLC

Nov 8, 2007
Tyne & Wear
Hi all,

Interseting post. I have some agel eye lights like the ones above but have not yet had the time to fit them. Still trying to weigh up pros and cons!!!!!

One question though... what bulbs do these lights use?

Dipped and high beam are H1.

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Dipped and high beam are H1.

Yea just found this out yesterday...bought new bulbs (2 x H1's, H7's and Sidelights) before actually checking and found out both full and main beams are H1's :doh:

Nice headlights if you like the look of them...change the bulbs of the angel rings before fitting them to the sidelight LED's like discussed above because the bulbs are far too orangey!

Bought Xenon bulbs there the other day because the bulbs that come with them are far too dull can hardly see a thing!...HID's are a possibility but you have to file the holes for the bulbs to fit!

PaulLC

Nov 8, 2007
Tyne & Wear
Yea just found this out yesterday...bought new bulbs (2 x H1's, H7's and Sidelights) before actually checking and found out both full and main beams are H1's :doh:

Nice headlights if you like the look of them...change the bulbs of the angel rings before fitting them to the sidelight LED's like discussed above because the bulbs are far too orangey!

Bought Xenon bulbs there the other day because the bulbs that come with them are far too dull can hardly see a thing!...HID's are a possibility but you have to file the holes for the bulbs to fit!

Ive got HID's and white led side lights But ive took all the side light bulbs out of the angel eyes :whistle:

benbeme

not sure what to do i have a red leon seen some pics on the net and its hit or miss chrome/black think ill give it a miss prob not worth the hassle

I got the plain black angel eyes, and finally had them fitted on my red Leon. I know this post was ages ago..but here is a pic of them

benbeme

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.