Leon cupra ..........COILOVERS NOW FITTED :)

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
aint the ride of hottuning harsh? didnt realise they were same as those others mentioned!
how you finding the greddy gauge there? iv got mine in the pillar but aquired a apexi 60mm gauge from a mate out of his scoob wasnt sure where to fit it lol

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
aint the ride of hottuning harsh? didnt realise they were same as those others mentioned!
how you finding the greddy gauge there? iv got mine in the pillar but aquired a apexi 60mm gauge from a mate out of his scoob wasnt sure where to fit it lol

hi

i wouldnt say they are any harsher than other leading brands , people say weitecs are hasrh but i had hi-con gts on my old passat est & wernt to bad

i do know the hot tunning coilovers on a mk2 gti 16v with 190bhp were 150% better than the brand new £400 spax psx shox & springs i had fitted to my old mk2 1.8t 20v now they were rock solid & didnt handle well at all

like i said a mates running the hot tuning coilies on his mk4 gt-tdi & is that impressed with them he has fited a set to his mk2 2.0 16v abf show car removing the fk shox & springs

as for the boost gauge in the colum top its my favorite place to out it , had it ther e in my last few turbo jap cars

my old 200sx from 6 years ago
200sxblitz.jpg

also had the greddy fitted in my old r33 gts-t skyline that i sold prior to the leon
DSCF5016.jpg

if you speak to any jap nut / street racer or drifter they will all tell ya its in the line if sight on top of the colum as you always check your speed / revs all the time .

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
i was impressed with a mk4 on weitecs, descent ride for coilys, my old mk2 on avo's were rather stiff not not as bad as mate rst on koni springs/shocks odd eh.
dont you find the gauge there blocks all the lights on dash? i wana move mine from pod tho not keen at all. might say sod it and get a liquid gauge fitted some where

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
i was impressed with a mk4 on weitecs, descent ride for coilys, my old mk2 on avo's were rather stiff not not as bad as mate rst on koni springs/shocks odd eh.
dont you find the gauge there blocks all the lights on dash? i wana move mine from pod tho not keen at all. might say sod it and get a liquid gauge fitted some where

the only thing it blocks is the lcd clock & outside temp disply :) so not a biggy really , rather keep an eye on the boost

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
got my "HOTTUNNING" coliovers fitted this weekend

DSC01188.jpg

Used to sit like this
DSC00988.jpg

Now sitting like this
DSC01193.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

Was a complete pig of a job to do took me from 12pm to 6pm on sat afternoon start to finish

ive also fitted a new ball joint as it failed the mot :( sortyed now did it friday eve after my tea , had my 6 year old daughter helping me out s she is very fasinated by my car & how it all works :) tool passer & as i had forgoten my torch she went & got her go glow night light torch .....bless
DSC01185.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

Although her mam wasnt impressed that she was under the car & got mucky helping me in her school uniform .........ooops

manks88

How's the Leon riding on the new coilovers mate? I'm really thinking about a making a purchase! Also, did you have to do a 4 wheel alignment after fitting them?

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
they look pretty much the same as my raceand coilovers........looking good :d

they are exactly the same just re-branded to raceland / rein spor & v-maxx

why was they so hard to fit?
My daughter is nearly 6 n she like to help!hmm isnt it cruel sending her to school on a saturday:p

no no did the ball joint on the friday eve she still had school uniform of from then :)
THE FRONT HUBS , SEPARATING THE OLD SHOX & FITTING IN THE COILOVER WHILE HUB STILL ON THE CAR , USED TO MK2 GOLF ...2 BOLTS & AWAY

looking really nice mate. I love the wheels. Nice to see some more pre facelift ones looking good...

yeah like the pre-face lifts better myself & dont like making cars look newer when not

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
how's the leon riding on the new coilovers mate? I'm really thinking about a making a purchase! Also, did you have to do a 4 wheel alignment after fitting them?

1000% better than the soggy 8+ yr old stock shox
i rate these better than spax psx shox & srings from previous cars ive had

nope not done wheel alignment as drive spot on straight now & did before , will get it checked this week mind

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
1000% better than the soggy 8+ yr old stock shox
i rate these better than spax psx shox & srings from previous cars ive had

nope not done wheel alignment as drive spot on straight now & did before , will get it checked this week mind

Hope you've had the alignment checked by now! :lol: I fitted my coilies 1yr ago and didn't have it aligned at the time... it too drove spot on straight and all felt fine. Shagged the inside of the tyres tho lol :cartman:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members