Leon Cupra K1 - Rtech2+ 382bhp 408lbft Fully Forged Build

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Cheers Craig, I've spoken to my sprayer earlier and he's suggested gloss black with a matt finish lacquer so it reduces the glare from the sun. As some cars of driven with gloss black trims on the dash get quite a bit of glare.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Wow, nice car! I can't wait to modify mine to a similar extent. How loud is it with a decat out of interest? Guessing it won't pass emissions now?
Thank you, it's a nice tone and doesn't drone on the motorway. But I've been told it's loud when I floor it, can hear more noise from the revo intake. Wouldn't pass the mot with decat but somehow it goes through

gregy_reynolds

Oct 5, 2010
Scotland
Nice Update Alex want to do the dash a different colour but can't make my mind up on either satin or gloss black :shrug:

Where did you get your steering wheel done buddy looks spot on :)

I'm referring to the outside edge and not the gloss black insert cheers

Got it done by royal steering wheels

Cars for sale now anyway

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Took my car down to my friend at his styling company yesterday. Got him to wrap the rear number plate surround in gloss black, looks a lot better now. Got a few other bits booked in for my next visit!

3d701abd8bf7b1dd738376678f9c1ff2.jpg

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Looks so mean, wouldn't like to see that coming up in my rear view haha.

And +1 for the plate, made me laugh

Last edited:

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Haha cheers buddy, still got the lower bit to do and then the rear lights to tint. Will probably get the rear badge done at the same time.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Looks good like that Alex, I prefer the K1 rear like that rather than all 1 colour.

Question about the R-tech pcv delete, have you notice a difference in the running of the engine with the full delete? And your venting yours, did you consider a catch can or would that be a lot a hassle to fit?

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
Loving that back end, I wonder if it would suit a silver K1 having that mid section blacked out. Ive seen plenty of coloured/bright cars having that part with black but no silver.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Cheers Kev, yeah definately looks better than all one colour or with the textured black finish which will be going in 2 weeks.

Engine seems to be running smoother with it, just venting to atmosphere, looking to lengthen the front breather pipe by about half a metre. So I can get it into the exhaust tunnel as gets as bit fumey when sat in traffic.
Looks good like that Alex, I prefer the K1 rear like that rather than all 1 colour.

Question about the R-tech pcv delete, have you notice a difference in the running of the engine with the full delete? And your venting yours, did you consider a catch can or would that be a lot a hassle to fit?

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Loving that back end, I wonder if it would suit a silver K1 having that mid section blacked out. Ive seen plenty of coloured/bright cars having that part with black but no silver.
It definitely gives it more character, I don't think you can go wrong with gloss black. Would be good to see it done on another colour . Ive only ever seen one other K1 done the same so far

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Cheers , yeah should be fine if not its got a years guarantee with it. Got the light tints next and then new alloys next month

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Thanks mate, it's on the cards, either a tte420 or big turbo. Likely to be tte though as think big turbo would be overkill for me unless I went 4wd.

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Ye you'll have to go ahead with one of them, would be a waste not too with the spec you have ;) 4wd would be awesome too it's a shame they didn't come standard lol how longs it took you to get to where you are with it now?

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Yeah I don't think it will be this year. Maybe next year as it's a big price to get it all done, around £2500 for turbo, new injectors, 155 fuel valve and custom map. Will be 2 years in April that I've had it . The forged engine only happened because a piston shat itself haha

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Engine seems to be running smoother with it, just venting to atmosphere, looking to lengthen the front breather pipe by about half a metre. So I can get it into the exhaust tunnel as gets as bit fumey when sat in traffic.

Do you mean by fumey abit of a smell? I read on Fb that venting to the atmosphere an cause a bit of a smell sat in traffic.
I'm not very well clued up on the pcv, but I've got the Forge catch can which collects a lot of oily crap, does this oily crap drip out the end of the pcv delete hoses? Just I'm thinking about the full pcv delete but don't want anything dripping out the hoses on to my drive or garage floor.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Yeah just a bit of an oily smell but I just set the heater to recirculation when stationary and stops it coming in. I think routing the front pipe longer and into the exhaust tunnel with cure this.

I had it up on the ramp at work and the pipe looked bone dry on the inside of the pipes, haven't seen any oily spots etc on the driveway. It's definitely worth doing, the amount of oil in the pipework when I took the intercooler out made me go for it. Plus cleaner intakes means less worrying about the valves clogging up
Do you mean by fumey abit of a smell? I read on Fb that venting to the atmosphere an cause a bit of a smell sat in traffic.
I'm not very well clued up on the pcv, but I've got the Forge catch can which collects a lot of oily crap, does this oily crap drip out the end of the pcv delete hoses? Just I'm thinking about the full pcv delete but don't want anything dripping out the hoses on to my drive or garage floor.