Leon Cupra mk1 Windows foggy, floors not wet?

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
Heyya guys, new to the forums here..

Just brought a Leon Cupra a few days ago.. one of the first things i checked was for wet floors etc.

However, the windows keep fogging up....!

What could this be if the floor/boot dosnt seem to be wet?

I am going to inspect the pollen filter in the morning, but is there anything else i can check whilst i am at it?

Thanks!

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
Door sills go, search the forums mate, all these questions have been covered many times.

....and welcome to SCN.

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
Door sills go, search the forums mate, all these questions have been covered many times.

....and welcome to SCN.

Thanks for the reply. I did have a good look around, but almost every post i find, people are saying that they have wet carpets. so just wanted to see if this could be something different since my carpets are bone dry and its been raining pretty heavy the last few days..

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
My floors aren't wet either and mine does the same. Easy solution worked for me. Close your air vents before you lock up for the night, and cover your dashboard vent until you get back in it. I just use a duster until i can find something less vibrant! Doesn't do it now. Used to the routine now, and pays off as you don't need to sit there waiting for demist in the morning.

Staszek20vt

Aug 19, 2009
PL/BE
www.leonclub.pl
Pollen filter is wet probably, please check pollen filter cover and this rubber flange around it. When it is raining probably water gets into the vent system thorough unproperly covered filter.

Binksy

Leon Cupra
Nov 27, 2009
Norwich
If you don't have water leaks then you might need a new pollen filter as I don't have any water leaks and my pollen filter is like 1 month old and I'm always noticing how my car is so much clearer than most parked on my road :)

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Fairly common issue. Drive with the heaters up to max so that it's like an oven and then open the windows as you're driving along. The warm, moist air containing the moisture will be replaced with the cooler, dry air from outside.

Tried it a month or so ago and it fixed it for me.

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
LMAO :lol:

Thank's for the advice so far guys..

Did some tinkering today, the pollen filter is bone dry.

The floor's and boot are all as dry as a bone. Rear wiper washer all works perfectly.... it never steams up when i'm driving, only when i get out and park up the car....im stumped lol..

All day the car was not fogged up at all, as soon as it got cold tonight it started again...

got me thinking maybe its not actually leaking water into the car, but maybe there is a small leak somewhere thats just letting the atmosphere in from outside?... seems to come from the back of the car first (the rear window's fog up first) :help:

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Mines be sitting unused for months, noticed tonight mine was doing the same. Seals were done early last year so its not that and carpets are fine. I reckon its atmospheric.

Dont rely on the carpets though. if water comes in it`ll go to the rear footwells and theres a very thick underlay/sound proofing to get through before the carpet soaks.

Monitor it and buy somes wellies just incase:D

wes c/fergus

new to seat!
Mar 17, 2008
n.ireland
i had the same problem windows steaming (not having sex in the car:p) and carpets not wet, i found a thread which pointed me in the right direction. under my scuttle panel i found a crack drivers side below my bonnet release cable. the thread had picture etc. try having a look for the thread. it helped me and is worth a look

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise