Leon Cupra ST towbar

Jan 22, 2022
I think I read elsewhere it's only possible on the ST because it's slightly longer?

Witter says their tow bar for Leon ST is not suitable for Cupra:

Brink also no results for Leon Cupra ST :-(

Problem is with these vendors is that somehow they seem to exclude the sportier models, maybe because fitting is harder. Or there is no type registration for the verhicle. While in reality the bar just fits fine, maybe with a little bit of extra cutting or something. So it's a matter of finding a fitter who already did one and wants to do another one. Or via mouth to mouth get to know which part fits and then just order it and find a fitter. Or DIY.

Problem is. I don't have a car yet :) But a tow bar is a must have to carry my bikes around and take them on holiday (full trunk). They're too heavy to put on the roof. So might have to go with the FR with the weaker 1.8 engine. Or go Golf GTI mk7.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I believe that Seat never arrange Type Approval is it called for the Cupra ST and towing. Here in the UK are registration document has to have certain fields populated with towing weight etc, so this is why officially there is no tow bar for the Cupra ST

Vanlife

Dec 31, 2021
I have a bar on mine.
received_508186423878943.jpeg

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
I have a witter detatchable, look through this thread and you’ll see it on my post. Mine is only ever going to be used for my bike rack , no intention to tow anything. . I have a Thule euro and have driven with it on for 1000’s miles with my ebike and hybrid attached. . I’m currently Southern Europe and arrived with bikes on the rack. The installer will have to cut your rear defuser and remove the crash bar but the bar strengthener fits as an FR. Keep the crash bar that has to be replaced so you can revert back if want to in the future. Just get the ST and have it fitted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.