Leon FR 150 or Leon FR 184?

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Oh - and just a follow on - to the owner of a black bmw 330ci on the A45 - coming out of birmingham - off the lights at the airport - If thats the best 0-100 you can do - go buy a diesel !!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmm wonder if he knew about the cameras at Ryton..probably not...Ah well.

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
I had a 184 tdi on loan for a month last year and now have a leased 150 EcoTsi.

To be honest, the 150 just doesn't have the grunt. It's really quite a noticable difference. The 150 might have a decent 0-60 on paper, but it doesn't feel anywhere near as quick as the 184, especially overtaking. In the 184, you drop down a gear or two, floor it, and it takes off! Not the same in the 150.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car. And the leasing deal on the 150 was so good that I just couldn't justify paying a hefty amount more for the 184.

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Why worry about age and mileage?

Mine is 3yo and has done 37k miles and been looked after like my own child and has a trade in value of just 9.5 grand..........always garaged and hand washed with snow foam and two buckets.

Find a 184 like mine and you would be getting a steal of a car for great money. This engine has so much grunt you stop even looking for a red line....you know when to change up when you see the clock starting to slow down :D

hewittinspain

May 27, 2017
Ive looked at a few Leon's 184fr cars and although the 5dr is my preferred choice ive found a couple of low mileage 3drs at around £1000 cheaper. Is there any difference apart from the less doors? Ie same size, performance etc

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Ive looked at a few Leon's 184fr cars and although the 5dr is my preferred choice ive found a couple of low mileage 3drs at around £1000 cheaper. Is there any difference apart from the less doors? Ie same size, performance etc

Same boot size, tiny bit shorter but not noticeably, same power as well, I have a 3 door with the Titanium pack
b7f3f87619c73205502a8d40637f043a.jpg

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire

My son has a 3dr SC 184FR

It is a bit quicker than mine and the chassis is more rigid. The doors are larger and heavier and it feels more sporty.

His turns in better than mine with less body roll but he runs his on Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical.

Smaller boot and rain drips from the hatch onto the white plastic trim on the inside of his C pillars when the hatch is opened when wet and this needs cleaning regularly to avoid staining.

Last edited:

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
My son has a 3dr SC 184FR

It is a bit quicker than mine and the chassis is more rigid. The doors are larger and heavier and it feels more sporty.

His turns in better than mine with less body roll but he runs his on Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical.

Smaller boot and rain drips from the hatch onto the white plastic trim on the inside of his C pillars when the hatch is opened when wet and this needs cleaning regularly to avoid staining.

Smaller boot only compared to the ST
The SC and 5dr boots are exactly the same size

hewittinspain

May 27, 2017
Update. Ive put a deposit on a 3dr 184FR Leon. Just a question regarding the wing mirrors? Are they supposed to retract when you lock the door? The salesman tried and they did retract whilst in the car so they do work fine but when you lock the door with the fob they didn't automatically retract like I thought they might have done but maybe they dont do that ? He even tried the different settings on the knob on the door.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Update. Ive put a deposit on a 3dr 184FR Leon. Just a question regarding the wing mirrors? Are they supposed to retract when you lock the door? The salesman tried and they did retract whilst in the car so they do work fine but when you lock the door with the fob they didn't automatically retract like I thought they might have done but maybe they dont do that ? He even tried the different settings on the knob on the door.

You have to press and hold to fold them unless you get VCDS/OBDELEVEN/equivalent to code them to be 1 click fold

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
#thankyou, Ill test it out before I pay the balance next week.

Holding the unlock key should bring the windows down(it's only 1 click to unfold the mirrors if they're folded) and holding the lock button will fold the mirrors and close the windows

hewittinspain

May 27, 2017
Are there any steering wheel settings to firm it up? Its hard to mess around with stuff when your on a test drive. I thought there was a sports mode, Eco Mode... Im such a novice

hewittinspain

May 27, 2017
Good choice
What colour?

Well I opted for Green. It would never be a choice Id think about but it looks smart. Ideally I wanted the lighter blue colour but the ones I would had higher mileage and needed to keep the mileage under 20k really.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
Are there any steering wheel settings to firm it up? Its hard to mess around with stuff when your on a test drive. I thought there was a sports mode, Eco Mode... Im such a novice

The modes don't do anything to the suspension AFAIK

They change the throttle mapping and the weight of the steering. Sport mode also pipes in some laughable sound effects.

If you've got a DSG model then the mode changes the auto shift points. So I'm told. Mines is a manual.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
They took the soundacktor out of my16 cars didn't they? But yeah what he said ^ sport mode is heavier steering, you can make a custom profile to give sport steering with eco/normal engine if you like

It's steering, engine, air conditioning. Suspension is handled if you have dynamic chassis control specced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members