Leon FR 2.0 tdi 150 (manual) Performance disappointing

Apr 12, 2010
Mine is getting better as the miles come, first service has seemed to perk it up quite a bit too.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Can someone tell me how to post a thred please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93010801c145f559cad03a15caf233a9.jpg

Blue circle in the bottom right

Sent from my LG G Flex2

B13xsss

Jun 15, 2015
Mk2 seat Leon fr oil pressure

Can someone please help today I was driving along and it come up in my display box " oil pressure turn " but I had no lights in my dash board telling me my oil was low.

I check I oil pressure once car had cooled and it was fine had anyone else had this problem thanks

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Can someone please help today I was driving along and it come up in my display box " oil pressure turn " but I had no lights in my dash board telling me my oil was low.

I check I oil pressure once car had cooled and it was fine had anyone else had this problem thanks

You're in the wrong forum. This is Leon 3, it appears you want Leon 2.

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Mines just turned 1000mile this morning, give it the boot for the first time and I've no complaints about its go

CaptieltnCrunch

May 30, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland
I have a 150 as well and to be honest it feels like more of a cruiser, apart from a couple of differences in engine components , brakes and suspension the 184 and 150 are basically the same. get a remap it should take it to about 200 but with an upgraded exhaust probably 210, i had a Punto 1.9tdi remapped to about 170 and although it was fast it was still a punto!

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
TBH I can't see what the problem is here. Its a) a 150bhp and b) a diesel .

What was you expecting. Its not going to be as quick as a petrol and its not going to be as quick as a 180bhp or a cupra.

I used to have a 140bhp mondeo diesel and an st220, both pulled really nicely on the motorway but its clear which had the better acceleration. I believe that Seat are more concerned about making the diesels more economical than making them sporty (hell there are a lot of other choices in the range for those who want sporty). I guess its nice to have a little bit of grunt in a 150 diesel, and no doubt it has, but don't go expecting too much.

Tuning box will most likely turn it into a whole new car for you though, so as others have said, grab yourself one of them. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Hooblue

Apr 9, 2015
I've got a FR 150 and find it more than quick enough for my needs. It's certainly no Cupra but for what I use it for, which is commuting down the M40 everyday, it's a great car. It's by no means lightening off the line but it's no slouch either and has enough low down grunt to accelerate hard when needed.

It's a great cruiser too and can happily bomb down the motorway at 70 (ish...:rolleyes:) and still get very good mpg. To me it's the best of both worlds. When I come to change it I may go for the 184, but at the moment I'm a very happy owner. And the performance is way better than my other car, which is a 2013 Honda CRV! :D

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
awesome. glad you're happy with it. I think i've been spoiled with cars i've driven in the past 8 years. as I've had the 140 mondeo, cupra mk1, ST220 and now my mk3 cupra.
Until i drove my partners 64 plate petrol 1.6 Astra hire car, wow, i honestly didn't expect it to be SO crap, sluggish, it didn't seem to have ANY urgency when putting your foot down. I don't think i would have been able to live with it as a day to day car unless it was for only driving in traffic jams. not since my first car (1.2 ford Ka lol) have i driven something so bad.
So i'm guessing/hoping that all of the Seat Leons FR range would be a massive difference to that.

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
I find my FR 150 being very responsive lately. Maybe it is just my driving style but the car seems to be a little brute now. It's been in the Sport mode for many months now. It's just turned 28k miles.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members