leon fr arb's

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
done a search and not really turned up much useful,

thinking of buying the eibach 25mm front and rear arb kit from DPM and was wondering if anyone had already used it on an fr with standard suspension otherwise.

its just since gettin decent front tyres i really notice the bodyroll more, as before on crap tyres it just slid.

are the 25mm ones too stiff? will my car understeer/ oversteer more, cant see it being ny worse as it has no rear arb atm.

just dont want the car to become really skitish.

also on a mk1 leon, how difficult is fitting of said arb's? ive heard the back is a piece of piss,

is the front one difficult ie:drop front subframe to get it on.

any comments at all apprieciated,

thank in advance.

Aug 24, 2007
the front does mean dropping the subframe, I'm having mine fitted next week :)

Someone knowledgeable will be along soon, I'm sure, to advise on what kit to use.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
the front does mean dropping the subframe, I'm having mine fitted next week :)

Someone knowledgeable will be along soon, I'm sure, to advise on what kit to use.

o and let me know how it goes after like, and how long it takes, i plan on doing it myself.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
fitted mine now,

easy as long as you have a set of ramps and a transmission jack.

if some one can post up a pic i will try and sort out some kind of guide, i was a little stuck for time so never got chance to take pics,

dropping the subframe is quite simple really.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
fitted mine now,

easy as long as you have a set of ramps and a transmission jack.

if some one can post up a pic i will try and sort out some kind of guide, i was a little stuck for time so never got chance to take pics,

dropping the subframe is quite simple really.

Hey Jonezy, how are you finding the car now after the additions? Im thinking about fitting the front & back ARB's as well on standard suspension and am interested how ur finding things? As standard I just find the car a little scary once I get a little excited behind the wheel, especially the back end!!:blink:

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
no massive change just more sure footed, less understeer, less body roll (which would normally get triggered by the back end),

harsher ride too tho, i think all remaining body roll will be largly comtributed to by tired shocks,

high speed corners EG:70+ are much better

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
no massive change just more sure footed, less understeer, less body roll (which would normally get triggered by the back end),

harsher ride too tho, i think all remaining body roll will be largly comtributed to by tired shocks,

high speed corners EG:70+ are much better

Right, that settles it mate, I'm defo getting it done then! It's the higher speed stuff that's been worrying me the most so hopefully that'll sort things out a bit! Been thinking bout getting some coilovers too but is quite pricey for decent ones! Don't suffer too much with understeer but I am running Pirelli P6000's on the front which are wank!! ;)

how good is the SACHS clutch and SACHS DMF bignod?

Clutch and DMF are ace mate, OEM totally died within a month of getting more power so didn't really have much of a choice in getting a replacement! Stuck with the DMF as couldn't be arsed with the vibrations of a single! Not an ounce of slip or probs with Sachs and I do a LOT of miles (Inverness to Portsmouth) pretty reguarly, normally with a fairly heavy right foot!:whistle: Thanks again for the info man, u got any more mods planned or in the pipeline?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.