Leon FR Bonnet Plastic (near washers)

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
the moon shaped plastic on the bonnet.... is the cupra one the piano black rather than the bobbly dark grey colour. if so do you know if the standard one can be easily replaced to the cupra one, i now have the black grille and wing mirror covers and handles and b pillars and may as well finish the job off

any one:confused:

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
the moon shaped plastic on the bonnet.... is the cupra one the piano black rather than the bobbly dark grey colour. if so do you know if the standard one can be easily replaced to the cupra one, i now have the black grille and wing mirror covers and handles and b pillars and may as well finish the job off

any one:confused:

I know Chan_P1_TDi_FR has had all his dark grey bits painted high gloss black, how did you get on changing the door handles?

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
was pretty easy to be honest, thought it was going to be trickier... first one just took about an hour lol but the 2nd one took about 25 mins so not too bad thank god!

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
yeah, i've done all the dark grey dimpled plastics hi-gloss black, thats including the wind mirror mounts. I believe the cupra only has the piano black mirror caps and door pillars. I've got chrome mirror caps as i didn't want to look too cupra as i have the door pillars and cupra style front bumper.

normal_12102008129.jpg

thestonegate

Dan & Khym
yeah, i've done all the dark grey dimpled plastics hi-gloss black, thats including the wind mirror mounts. I believe the cupra only has the piano black mirror caps and door pillars. I've got chrome mirror caps as i didn't want to look too cupra as i have the door pillars and cupra style front bumper.

normal_12102008129.jpg

I'm impressed mate - looks really good...

I must admit, I was very tempted to do this mod myself, but after careful consideration of the crap roads around here (we had all our roads here tar & chipped last back end of summer - car is covered in chips all across the bumper - not off me mind, doing 20-30mph over a newly chipped road is ok and I always make sure I'm a fair distance from the car in front, the problem is the drivers doing 60mph+ going in the opposite direction[:@]) it would look naff all chipped, so I'm keeping my standard for the moment.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
all leons incl. cupra have the bobbly place trim across the top of the bonnet. I got mine sprayed by a bodyshop. not only does it look better it's less hassle removing wax smugs.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Ah, ok. Looks good!
I wax over mine (DoDo Juice), keeps it looking new!

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
all leons incl. cupra have the bobbly place trim across the top of the bonnet. I got mine sprayed by a bodyshop. not only does it look better it's less hassle removing wax smugs.

I really like that. Not sure gloss black would go with my black but body colour would be OK. Can you give me a rough idea of price and if there were any issues in removal and painting.
PM if you you don't want to say publicly.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I got the bobbly plastic on the wing mirror mounts sprayed at the same time. i was only charged £90 for them and the bonnet trim all together. Bearing in mind, I paid cash so I got a discount. The wing mirrors are a hassle to take off and spray tho. The bonnet trim is a piece of cake to take off. It's held on by bolts located on the inside of the bonnet.
With regards to the colour it's just a gloss black (or piano black). Hope this helps :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members