Leon FR Dash Rattle (Not Under Warranty As Over 6 Months Old?!)

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
If it was just rattles it would be fine. Ive got rattles, been in three times for the doors and dash. Ive also got a seemingly unresolvable headlight issue. Ive had issues with the entertainment unit locking up. I have creaky windows, they sound like sandpaper going up and down. I have an undiagnosed clunk from the rear which varies between constant and sporadic depending on the road. The rain runs off the car and into the boot when opened and the same for the back seats. As the weatjer is colder I often have to start my car twice in the morning to fix the headlight levelling. Don't get me started on the ridiculous level of road noise from these things either. Badly designed, badly built and seemingly badly supported. Why would I recommend anyone spending 20k on these cars? Unless Im just being dramatic and continuous ballaches are part and parcel when parting with good money?

if I'd had to put up with what you have I'd feel the same as you. Glad I haven't - best of luck with your next car, whatever it is.

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
Hopefully Ive just been unlucky and the rest of you are better off. I could deal with mechanical failure because that is obvious and can be repaired, its the niggles lol.

Im fully expecting to fimd 2 cracked rear lights when I look tomorrow, after seeing that thread about them. If thats happened I will be doing agrumpy customer routine in the stealership!!

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
I think MG Rover didn't actually go under; In order to stop yet another strike the stakeholders simply moved all the workers to Spain and are still making cars under the SEAT brand.

Ian E

Nov 30, 2015
I think MG Rover didn't actually go under; In order to stop yet another strike the stakeholders simply moved all the workers to Spain and are still making cars under the SEAT brand.

:rofl: :D I had 2 Metros, a Rover 214 and a 216 don't remember them rattling - but maybe I was more tolerant in my younger years :)

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

Having had many Mini's and Metro's etc before I discovered SEAT in 1996, I can say that all my SEAT's were like premium cars in comparison, the main Rover dealers in Edin (Appleyard) were crap also. I have never had any probs getting minor things sorted on my many SEATs and put it down to finding a great dealer and that is why all my SEATs were bought and looked after by a dealer in the borders (now closed as owners retired) I bought the current Cupra from the borders and was delivered by FIFE SEAT as they were the next best dealer in the area, the Edin dealers were just not in the same league, and that was using SEATs own rating system as well as word of mouth from friends. Finding a good dealer is what you need as the cars are basically sound.

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
Id beg to differ that they are 'basically sound' from here it feels like budget design and build knocked out at an over inflated price. The old 'same parts, different name' doesnt ring true when you end up on the wrong end of the Friday Spanish siesta £21k car!

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Having had many Mini's and Metro's etc before I discovered SEAT in 1996, I can say that all my SEAT's were like premium cars in comparison, the main Rover dealers in Edin (Appleyard) were crap also. I have never had any probs getting minor things sorted on my many SEATs and put it down to finding a great dealer and that is why all my SEATs were bought and looked after by a dealer in the borders (now closed as owners retired) I bought the current Cupra from the borders and was delivered by FIFE SEAT as they were the next best dealer in the area, the Edin dealers were just not in the same league, and that was using SEATs own rating system as well as word of mouth from friends. Finding a good dealer is what you need as the cars are basically sound.

My dad had a brand new Metro and quality was very poor. Numerous minor faults which were never properly fixed and replacement parts also failed repeatedly.

Had Mk1 and Mk2 Leon. Bought 2 years old Mk1 Cupra and had several trips to dealer for mainly minor problems - all fixed without any quibbles under warranty.:)
Only recurring issue was coil packs. :(

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
So you paid 30k for a cupra and seem very happy hat several trips to the dealer have taken place and theres still coil pack issues? I read a post on here recently, someone was complaining about rattles not getting fixed and a guyb said 'what so you expect you bought a seat not a mercedes'. Thats the attitude the dealers love, pay premium and accept budget.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
So you paid 30k for a cupra and seem very happy hat several trips to the dealer have taken place and theres still coil pack issues? I read a post on here recently, someone was complaining about rattles not getting fixed and a guyb said 'what so you expect you bought a seat not a mercedes'. Thats the attitude the dealers love, pay premium and accept budget.

Didn't pay 30k.Coil pack issues were on mk1 - apparently common on all similar VW group engines. Was I happy about that - no! Other issues were resolved quickly on 2 year old car under warranty. Expected dealer to say there were not covered but all replaced under SEAT warranty.

Edit - and I'm considering a new Cupra DSG and I agree that if paying around 30k for any car, you shouldn't expect rattles - but if there are, I feel hey should be covered under warranty. Don't think any manufacturer produces cars with 100% quality and no problems, it's how issues are resolved which matters in my view.

Last edited:

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
List price is around 28k, plus a few extras? Im sorry to snap but Ive had my lot with SEATs, they are not as premium as they think!

See my edited post. I was replying to the earlier quote where poster had been loyal to SEAT since 1996. Last two cars have been SEATs and next one might be too. Have they been perfect? No! But 30k-ish for a SEAT is a big investment and I understand that expectations/price/value scenario.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Our VW Jetta is one of the less quality cars that VW make (vw brand not group) Its made that way to be able to sell the USA in high volume lots and lots of cheap plastic whould think a Seat would be onpar or better I know Cupra was apart from the leather seats.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members