Leon FR exhaust options

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Well had my fr tfsi for over a year now and have been thinking about changing the exhaust. A few questions though,
If I bought the Seat dual exhaust accessory one does it join in the same place as the original or do you cut and join it behind the silencer?
Also is there any change in sound with this fitted? My other option was a Milltek but wondered if non resonated was too noisy as in droning on motorway? also the twin jet on milltek would save me cutting the rear vallance but unsure which one to go for. Sorry for all the questions but trying to find out before I buy.
Thanks in advance Kev

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
Go for a Milltek downpipe and non-resonated cat back with twin tailpipes (like the OEM). Non-res is louder but not very loud - it has a sporty sound. Having said that, you will hear the exhaust more that it is audible now but it is not too uncomfortable. At the end of the day you either go sporty all the way or you keep it soft and smooth. We've recently installed a full non-res Milltek to my friend's GTI and the sound is awesome - a true sports car - same applies to the performance boost.

Last edited:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Go for a Milltek downpipe and non-resonated cat back with twin tailpipes (like the OEM). Non-res is louder but not very loud - it has a sporty sound. Having said that, you will hear the exhaust more that it is audible now but it is not too uncomfortable. At the end of the day you either go sporty all the way or you keep it soft and smooth. We've recently installed a full non-res Milltek to my friend's GTI and the sound is awesome - a true sports car - same applies to the performance boost.

Well might do cat back just now and do cat and downpipe when save up again. Thanks for the reply. cheers

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
I don't really understand why people do cat back only as a modification. You'll spend your money on nothing more than a pair of new tailpipes and a mildly sportier sound but with no benefit to your car's performance. You'll be better with buying the downpipe for now and leave the cat back for later than the other way around. After all in tuning you want your car to be sportier not just sound sportier. If you like your car to sound sportier remove the stock resonator in the middle. This can work with both stock downpipe or Milltek's downpipe.

Last edited:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Does miltek do an oval replacement for the FR exhaust? Would look much better.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I just always liked it on my old LCR, not a fan of twin exhaust trim to be honest.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members