Leon FR Folding Mirrors Issue

JohnnyDrama

Dec 19, 2006
Lancs
Hi all,

Have searched for this but can't see someone with the same issue. My Dad has just bought a 63 reg FR 1.8 DSG - got it home and we attempted to fold mirrors using the lock key. Passenger side folded in fine, drivers side folded seemingly halfway. Passenger side mirror will fold out again by using dial, but drivers side will not move at all - it's just stuck.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? He doesn't want to drive it to a garage with no drivers mirror, so we're a bit stuck!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
Hold down the lock key firmly for a few seconds to fold the mirrors, if this does not work then attempt to fold the sticking mirror carefully, by hand, give it a few wiggles, I have had a few problems with this in the past, spray some silicone spray onto it, always seems to work with mine. Not had any re-occuring problems for ages. Hope this resolves the issue.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Hi all,

Have searched for this but can't see someone with the same issue. My Dad has just bought a 63 reg FR 1.8 DSG - got it home and we attempted to fold mirrors using the lock key. Passenger side folded in fine, drivers side folded seemingly halfway. Passenger side mirror will fold out again by using dial, but drivers side will not move at all - it's just stuck.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? He doesn't want to drive it to a garage with no drivers mirror, so we're a bit stuck!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Had the exact same on my previous car. Was deemed motor failure and replaced under warranty.

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
Same again! Workshop managed to get the mirror back into correct position, but requires a new motor/mirror as there is a problem with it - sounds like quite a common issue!

Me too. Folded further than it should, and eventualy could hear grinding in the unit when it should have been folding.. Warranty fix #2.