Leon FR150 with Eibach Pro Spring?

bonesfrench

Nov 19, 2006
Hello All,

Is anyone running a Mk1 Leon FR TDI150 with a set of Eibach Pro Springs (25/30 drop)

How much lower does it look than before when it had the standard FR suspension?

Is it a true 25/30 mm drop on the standard FR suspension setup, which I assume is lower than the non-FR diesels?

Any comments much appreciated.

Thanks,

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi there

I have this set up after putting a set of 18s on my fr150 it looked like it was on stilts so i dropped it with said springs i looks loads better no to low just right highly recommended.
hope this helps
craig

bonesfrench

Nov 19, 2006
Thanks very much for the reply.

Is it just the springs that you have fitted, or uprated shocks too?

How do you find the ride/handling etc?

Do you have any pics of your motor? If you don't mind I'd be more than interested in seeing how it looks.

Thanks,

Anthony,

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
No probs
I have just the springs fitted the ride if im truthful has been compromised, the ride is a lot harder but thats probably due to fitting 18s as well, it also helps in the corners though so for that i forgive it as i love to drive hard.
Car

bonesfrench

Nov 19, 2006
Thanks for the pic. Car Looks perfectly balanced mate. Thats my mind made up, Eibach's all the way

Do you reckon it dropped the full 25-30mm when you put the new springs on?

also, where did you get the rims from? They really suit the car. Did you manage to get SEAT centres for them? I can't tell from the pic.

Cheers,

Anthony,

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Thanks for that ive spent a lot of time and effort trying to keep the car looking original while making mods nothing extreme all tasteful
I do believe after a couple of weeks after the suspension had settled it had dropped by at least 25/30mm
The wheels i bought from an ebay shop very cheap £300 delivered and as for centres they are again off ebay, stickers they look perfect.
cheers
Craig

bonesfrench

Nov 19, 2006
I am an fan of sutble modifications too. A cracking looking car mate, you should be proud.

Did you tell your insurer about the 18" wheels? If so how did if impact your premium?

Cheers,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members