Leon Key Issue

mpgscott

Nov 11, 2009
Inverness/Aberdeen
My leon has lost the ability to open all the doors off the keyfob. It used to be that when you press the keyfob once it would open the drivers door, then a second keyfob button press would open all the other doors and the boot.

Problem is that now no matter how often you press the button it only opens the drivers door, to open the other doors and boot i need to open the drivers door and press the unlock button on the door.

Any ideas what could cause this to happen? Its very annoying.

Cheers
Mark

garethhowell

Asking in the wrong place

You've got a better chance of an answer if you ask in the right forum, rather than in the one for posting answers to FAQs. There are separate forums for Mk1 and Mk2 Leons.

Gareth

mpgscott

Nov 11, 2009
Inverness/Aberdeen
Good first post! Very nice[:@]

Well if you had a hunt you would see that i already had, right after positing in this one.

Since the site does not allow me to delete the post hence why its still here!

btr2

Hmm, not the friendliest of places to be? ;)

I have this exact same issue. Infact, if you google it, loads of people have this problem.

There must be a simple of way resolving this surely?

BR

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I had this when I bought my LCR in March. Disconnect the leads from the battery and either leave them off for 10 mins or hold the two ends together for a couple of seconds (the disconnected power leads, do not bridge the battery terminals)

Make sure you know your radio code first mind you, as you'll probably need to unlock it after draining the current out of the circuit

btr2

I'll give this a go tomorrow night and post back. Seems odd though, as it was (I'm presuming) a battery disconnect that caused the problem in the first place...

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
It could well be. I don't know why it happens, I just know that this fix worked for me and a few others. However, mine has done it again since, and I had to disconnect the battery again. Thinking about it, since I changed the battery a few months back, I've not had the problem any more... maybe your battery is on the way out?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yep this worked for me, disconnect the battery for 10mins and now all working.

Cheers
Glad to hear it. As I mentioned, mine did it again after a few weeks but has been OK since I replaced my battery (which did actually appear OK by most tests) so be aware that if it happens again in the next couple of months then the battery may need to be replaced

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise