Leon LED Headlight adjustment.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Looking to adjust mine slightly this weekend. Any updates From those that have adjusted now the darker nights are now present

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Do it you won't regret it and can always go back if you count the turns. I found three quarters was about right and never been flashed. MOT next year. 100% improvement

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Well all done, just over half a turn each, no funny looks or flashes yet, just need to trial at night now.

Have marked so can easily go back if req'd. Will get checked at next service MOT anyway and this is only a few months away.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Did 1/2 turn on both sides, much better.
Night drive on highway - no flashes. Will see countryroad later.

Can confirm LHD cars has the same settings - screw 2 anti-clock-wise to rise beam.

Thanks for this hint! I have already visited Seat service to adjust lights correctly, because I saw end of the beam few meters in front of the car. I paid for it and "nothing" happened, saw end of the beam as before.. With this rise it is much far away, great!

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
1/2 turn anti clockwise on mine today. 6mm hex and the adjuster wasn't stiff at all.

Shall how they go on the commute tomorrow.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Hi,

Adjusted my lights at the weekend. Went for 3/4 of a turn anti-clock/up with screw No.2

Appear muxh better, yet to fully test in anger because there was someone in the way today!

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Do you turn the screw with the lights on or off? (same for ignition, on or off?)

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Do you turn the screw with the lights on or off? (same for ignition, on or off?)

I did it with them on (ignition on = so they stay on) but only so i could see what was happening.....

Shouldn't make any difference.

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
Can I try this on my car if I have auto level (or whatever is called)? Will the auto level not undo my manual adjustment?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Can I try this on my car if I have auto level (or whatever is called)? Will the auto level not undo my manual adjustment?

The auto level only maintains the manual level you have set.

You set the lights ( preferably with the MOT beam tester ) using the manual adjusters.
The lights then accept this as a reference level and repeat it.

Last edited:

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Realized that this adjustement needs to be performed every year.
Lights are "falling down" during year. During summer I did not realized it, I do not drive offen at late night. But today, as dark is getting quite earlier, I found lights too short.
So raised them up both today and have to say MUCH BETTER.

My third autumn, second adjustement (first autumn was brand new car with correctly set lights)....

Last edited:

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
Hello to all

Tried to do the above ...but to my surprise I can locate only one screw (number 1) as shown at the diagram where a member was kind enough to post ...
My leon is 2018 model ....does anyone has any ideas or maybe a fellow member with the facelift Leon ...has any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

Rolf

Aug 27, 2018
Hello to all

Tried to do the above ...but to my surprise I can locate only one screw (number 1) as shown at the diagram where a member was kind enough to post ...
My leon is 2018 model ....does anyone has any ideas or maybe a fellow member with the facelift Leon ...has any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

I’ve also got a 2018 model and just the one screw. I pointed the car at a wall and used that one screw which raised the height. I’ve adjust passenger 1/4 turn and driver side 1/2 a turn. Made a world of difference.

Reactions: Rainman

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
I’ve also got a 2018 model and just the one screw. I pointed the car at a wall and used that one screw which raised the height. I’ve adjust passenger 1/4 turn and driver side 1/2 a turn. Made a world of difference.
Thank you Rolf ….…
I will try and come back again once I try to confirm it so that other fellow members know about it …..

But ofcourse we could use others opinions /experience ...

Last edited: