Leon LED Headlight adjustment.

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
I’ve also got a 2018 model and just the one screw. I pointed the car at a wall and used that one screw which raised the height. I’ve adjust passenger 1/4 turn and driver side 1/2 a turn. Made a world of difference.
Rolf by the way did you turned it clockwise or anti clock

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
So I tried what Rolf suggested and I can confirm that the 2018 model you adjust the height by that one screw .. at the top of the headlight

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just been out and checked mine ( 2018 Cupra 300 )
There is deffo two adjusters per headlight.
The one at the top of the headlight is for up/down
The one at the rear of each light ( accessed through a hole in the bodywork ) is for left/right

Rolf

Aug 27, 2018
The one at the rear of each light ( accessed through a hole in the bodywork ) is for left/right

That’s really odd. I’ve pointed my car at a wall and adjusted the screw I mentioned earlier and I’m convinced that my lights went up and down! Are both screws turned using a hex key? I’ve only one that can be turned using a hex, all others are just normal star screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK

Cupra owners tend to drive their cars harder, and maybe tend to 'knock' their adjustments out of sync from all the hard braking and acceleration! Even sidesways! Just kiddin!

Reactions: DEAN0

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
That’s really odd. I’ve pointed my car at a wall and adjusted the screw I mentioned earlier and I’m convinced that my lights went up and down! Are both screws turned using a hex key? I’ve only one that can be turned using a hex, all others are just normal star screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The UP/DOWN adjuster is easily found and is through a hole in the black plate above the headlight.
The LEFT/RIGHT adjuster is down a hole just after the second wing mounting bolt.
it is quite a way down and not easily spotted without a torch

Reactions: RavH and Rainman

Rolf

Aug 27, 2018
I just went out and checked again. There are 2 screws as said by everyone else here! The one for side to side is way down deep.

Apologies for any confusion.

Reactions: Rainman
Aug 23, 2019
Hi All, I have adjusted mine. It is fine, when driving alone, but with 4 people and luggages, it as low as before. Anyone withthe same problem? Thanks

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Hi All, I have adjusted mine. It is fine, when driving alone, but with 4 people and luggages, it as low as before. Anyone withthe same problem? Thanks
If you are finding that there's a difference between driving with a full load and none, then I'd suggest you look at the auto adjuster which senses ride height. It's a piece of plastic located by the rear axle to the left wheel. Imagine it could become called with crud .

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018

Mines the same, I adjusted the lights to be perfect but adding load or rear passengers makes the lights point straight down at the floor.

It's been like this since new, so it's probably a fault or setting error as the sensor is clean and moving freely.

Aug 23, 2019
If you are finding that there's a difference between driving with a full load and none, then I'd suggest you look at the auto adjuster which senses ride height. It's a piece of plastic located by the rear axle to the left wheel. Imagine it could become called with crud .
Thanks, and what should I do with it
Mines the same, I adjusted the lights to be perfect but adding load or rear passengers makes the lights point straight down at the floor.

It's been like this since new, so it's probably a fault or setting error as the sensor is clean and moving freely.
I read in an Seat Arona forum, that it has three different height position depends on the load. Maybe it should be adjusted with load as well?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I read in an Seat Arona forum, that it has three different height position depends on the load. Maybe it should be adjusted with load as well?

It's a very simple system so I think, if you adjust the lights to be level when loaded, then without load the lights will be far too high - but I've not tried that myself.

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
Had same issue dipped beam always seemed low with the wife’s, Leon, went to dealer as new and “Master Tech” said not adjustable.

Thank god for seatcupra.net adjusted and brilliant lights no flashes from others. Just got a Leon myself so will be doing the same.

Funny when we returned to dealer for another issue they asked if we had adjusted and I said yes, they then asked for details. Hmmmm can imagine my response.

One note there is a highway light option that raises them slightly on motorways etc. Higher speeds something to be aware of.

Now to get stickers for the cars. Forum is a great source of info.

Reactions: sidy64
Jan 1, 2020
Hi, guys! I'm from Estonia (right-hand traffic). I have Seat Leon ST Xcellence 2.0 (04/2019). I found this topic because my headlights are too low. But also right beam is lower than left. When i did photo, i was sitting on the driver seat (left side). Is it norm? Look to attached image.
I did 1/2 turn for left beam and 360 (1 circle) for right beam. And now they have almost the same level. Should the beams be at the same level?

Attachments

• 2020-01-01 21.35.38 — копия.jpg
    2020-01-01 21.35.38 — копия.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 356

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Hi, guys! I'm from Estonia (right-hand traffic). I have Seat Leon ST Xcellence 2.0 (04/2019). I found this topic because my headlights are too low. But also right beam is lower than left. When i did photo, i was sitting on the driver seat (left side). Is it norm? Look to attached image.
I did 1/2 turn for left beam and 360 (1 circle) for right beam. And now they have almost the same level. Should the beams be at the same level?

Don't have an answer for you, but my lights look almost the same as yours.
Actually, my passenger light was lower than yours but I raised it myself to look as in the pic.
I feel they are at the right height, maybe even a bit low still.

RavH

Jul 23, 2020
sorry to revive a old thread but this was a life saver for my led headlights on my facelift 2017 FR. It was so low for me and I had no idea how to adjust them but thank god for this forum. i turned both no.2 screws 1/2 way anti clockwise first before going 3/4 like some have but i don't think i needed to go any further, i was happy with 1/2 a turn. I even got someone to drive in front of me at various distances to test if i was blinding them or not and turned out i didn't so result. (this test was on B roads with twisty bends and up n down hills so a good test.

Hope this helps anyone!

I do have one question, i see there like odd few lines in my beam pattern in the middle not sure if this is normal? even when looking at my headlights i can see the line so not sure if it's the plastic itself or the headlights are just meant to do this?

Last edited:

Rolf

Aug 27, 2018
sorry to revive a old thread but this was a life saver for my led headlights on my facelift FR. It was so low for me and I had no idea how to adjust them but thank god for this forum. i turned both no.2 screws 1/2 way anti clockwise first before going 3/4 like some have but i don't think i needed to go any further, i was happy with 1/2 a turn. I even got someone to drive in front of me at various distances to test if i was blinding them or not and turned out i didn't so result. (this test was on B roads with twisty bends and up n down hills so a good test.

Hope this helps anyone!

I do have one question, i see there like odd few lines in my beam pattern in the middle not sure if this is normal? even when looking at my headlights i can see the line so not sure if it's the plastic itself or the headlights are just meant to do this?

I think that’s normal. Well it’s been like that on mine since new so I assume it’s normal!

Reactions: RavH

RavH

Jul 23, 2020
I think that’s normal. Well it’s been like that on mine since new so I assume it’s normal!

ah okay, glad im not the only one then. okay i can deal with that if it's normal. As looking closely it looks like its the headlight plastic which has lines in them which i guess projects back onto the road.

Thank you Rolf!

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
You'll probably find the left/right adjustment is just as bad as the level was. Those lines should converge out in front of the car, if they don't make a clear and neat pattern then the lights aren't set properly.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.