Leon MK1 Fabia Wiper fitting problem.

nuts

Feb 6, 2006
Leeds
Hi All,

Got my Fabia wiper through today. Just been to fit it and the thread doesn't seem to fit. It doesn't match up to the existing one. Any ideas? Would be great if I could get a quick response whilst its off.

Cheers,

Dave

nuts

Feb 6, 2006
Leeds
Just to clarify the hole seems too small to fit onto the spindle and also there is no groves like on the existing hole. :help:

nuts

Feb 6, 2006
Leeds
Cheers Lee. All sorted. Looks miles better now, especially as the original cap was missing.

Dave

luggs

Cheers Lee. All sorted. Looks miles better now, especially as the original cap was missing.

Dave

Nuts can you tell me where you got your fabia wiper from? how much etc

is it easy to fit?

my lcr has the cap missing and looks poo

They do them on eBay all the time.

Or you can get them from a Skoda dealer, part numbers;

6Y6955707A – Fabia Estate Wiper Arm
6Y0955425 – Fabia Estate Wiper Blade
6Y6955435 – Fabia Hatchback Wiper Cover

Costs like £18 in total.

Last edited:
IMG_0590.jpg

Thats mine... I got the hatchback version, the arms about an inch shorter than the estate version... so you want the estate arm!

Last edited:

luggs

They do them on eBay all the time.

Or you can get them from a Skoda dealer;

6Y6955707A – Fabia Estate Wiper Arm
6Y0955425 – Fabia Estate Wiper Blade
6Y6955435 – Fabia Hatchback Wiper Cover

so id need all them parts ben ?

luggs

Yeh... all of those.

Make sure you get the estate arm, as its the right length, and the hatch cap, because it uses the correct hole for the water for the rear washer jet.

ok ill have a look...

roughly how much does this cost all in?

also is it easy to fit?

Very easy... all you need a 14mm (If I remember rightly) spanner... maybe some WD-40.

Mine was £12 delivered off eBay. But they are like £18 from Skoda, and it will be new etc.. Mine was 'reconditioned from a scrapper'

Yeh, The estate version uses a different hole for the water to come through, where as the hatch is the same as the OEM leon one. In fact you MIGHT even be able to use the OEM Leon one, but the often break when you take them off I remember reading.

Ben