Leon MK3 Car Coding

Nov 22, 2021
Hi All, I’m picking up my Seat Leon MK3 tomorrow. It’s a 1.4 engine. Seen lots of posts on here regarding car coding and wanted to ask a question about coding.

I currently have a MyCarly device, full app access etc and have managed to apply Needle Sweep to a friend car as well as refuel quantity. However, is there anything else that can be done? I’m also looking at coding mine when I pick it up.

He told me that he wanted the following features:

Additional Ambient Colours
Pace Indicators
Direct Throttle Response
Carbon Fibre Theme
One Touch Mirror Fold
Beep When Locking/Unlocking

As above, I have managed to apply needle sweep, refuel quantity amount and a few smaller tweaks, but when applying beep when unlock and lock inside if the Carly app, it doesn’t beep when locking?

Do I need PC software for the other features or another OBD reader aside from MyCarly? Of course I am fairly new to coding so my questions may seem daft to someone experienced.

Any help regarding the above would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

Nov 22, 2021
Also - Just been reading the Carista App thread and it seems that it’s easier to apply coding on there, I do feel quite let down with buying the Carly now. Carista seems the more better option for beginners maybe?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Also - Just been reading the Carista App thread and it seems that it’s easier to apply coding on there, I do feel quite let down with buying the Carly now. Carista seems the more better option for beginners maybe?
On carista there are quite a few pre-made coding options where it codes at the push of one button. I think if you have the pro version you can code your own and possibly have it featured as a pre made option.

Reactions: Brownie27

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
If you look at the sticky treads at the top of this Leon Mk3 forum there is an OBDeleven thread. There is also a separate Vagcom/VCDS/diagnostics forum here:

Finally, my go to source is here:

Reactions: Brownie27
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.