Leon mk3?

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
The MK2 will always be a special one! Those curvy lines make it's design very timeless. It's been in the market for over 7 years and still looks as fresh as most new hot hatches, and I fear that This will never be the case with any other generation from now on as new designs tend to be more commercial and change much faster.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Agree, the Mk2 isn't a bad shape at all - that's why this looks very similar.

No radical changes, just a latest corporate face

The inclusion of the rear door handles, is deliberate. SEAT were losing sales because at a glance people dismissed the Leon because they thought it was a three door, not the five (with hidden handles) - probably the same problem the new Clio will have tbh.

But because people 'want' a 3 door, or coupe style, that's why there will be a scirroco/beetle type three door coupehatch thing.

If the rumours are right, we'll have launch information, and I'd expect Paris motorshow for first views. SCN will be there to see it unveiled though

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Wonder how long the Cupra will take to come and if they will try and screw over those who buy it by takin out a Cupra R behind it.

Going by the mk2, 55 plate base model Leon's and very late 56 plate Cupras are out there so maybe 1-1.5 years? It has taken poxhall 2 years to release the ashtray vxr behind normal Models an the result there was that loads of focus RS's were bought an with the vxr being less powerful and lower spec than the RS, it's unlikely many of those guys will change.

Hopefully seat dont keep the suspense for too long and are honest about Cupra and Cupra r models and their spec ahead of time. Let's also hope they listen regarding lsd's four wheel drive and dsg systems to go with the 2.0 265ps engine or better still a Cupra RR model with the 325bhp 2.5 engine ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
^^^^^
Wishful thinking looking bak at it :lol:

Hangovers Can be fun!

Deleted member 74601

I think the new front looks better, especially the lights. Not a big fan of what the rear looks like on the leaked photo.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Will get the full PR up later today

However, official information about the engine;

The 1.6 TDI generates 77 kW (105 hp) and 250 Nm of torque. In the Ecomotive version with start/stop system and recuperation, it consumes just 3.8 litres of diesel per 100 km on the NEDC, equating to 99 grams of CO2 per km. The extensively reengineered 2.0 TDI consumes an average of just 4.0 litres of fuel per 100 km in the Ecomotive version. With 110 kW (150 hp) and 320 Nm of torque, it is a powerful driving force for the Leon.
SEAT will rapidly expand the engine line-up. Early 2013 will see the arrival of the 1.2 TSI in two versions with 63 kW (86 hp) and 77 kW (105 hp), a 1.4 TSI with 90 kW (122 hp) and, at the top of the petrol range, a 1.8 TSI with 132 kW (180 hp) and a combination of direct and manifold injection. The diesel line-up will be augmented by the 1.6 TDI with 66 kW (90 hp) and the new top TDI – the 2.0 TDI with 135 kW (184 hp). It delivers a maximum torque of 380 Newton metres.
Depending on the engine, transmission options range from five- and six-speed manual gearboxes or the renowned six- and seven-speed DSG dual-clutch gearboxes.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
1.8tsi? So it looks like they may skip the 1.6tsi in favour of the 1.8tsi in the cupra. This makes me think more and more that we will see the 1.6tsi in an R form with the ibiza perhaps?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think the 1.8Tsi is just for launch. Some markets limit the capacity to 1.8.

Interesting launch line up though

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I agree, thinking about it the here the 1.8 has been fazed out for a while now so I reckon maybe still see the 2.0 lump in our line up.

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
I have found that it will be the new 1.8 and 2.0 TFSI. All based on below text found in attached link.
http://fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_7484.shtml

The new 1.8TFSI will replace the 2.5l inline-5 cylinder across the existing Volkswagen lineup as the new base engine. This new engine has some interesting design characteristics like an exhaust manifold integrated fully into the head with liquid cooling. We expect horsepower to range between 150hp to 180hp depending on the application. We also expect fuel economy to be significantly better as well. The 1.8TSI is currently available in the European Audi A4 where it gets 42mpg highway cycle. Combine that with the torque characteristics of the turbocharged engine and VW should have a winner on its hands. Up until now we've had no indication as to whether Audi plans to include the 1.8 TFSI into its North American engine strategy.

Development of the 2.0 TFSI and 2.5 TFSI is being performed at Audi. Given this was a Volkswagen event, little time was spent on these two engine programs though it was revealed that future versions could weigh in at roughly 230 hp in GTI form, likely then also in A3 and TT. A higher-powered version is expected for the Golf R (and thus TTS and S3), and this version was estimated by engineers to weigh in at 280-hp. The current 2.0T from the TTS, S3 and Golf R is due to be phased out.

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
Hopefully seat dont keep the suspense for too long and are honest about Cupra and Cupra r models and their spec ahead of time. Let's also hope they listen regarding lsd's four wheel drive and dsg systems to go with the 2.0 265ps engine or better still a Cupra RR model with the 325bhp 2.5 engine ;)

There would be no reason for anyone to buy an audi if they did that.

Though I'm with you on the 2.5T. I'd be up for a car with something other than an in-line four. And I don't see the 3.2 V6 as very likely to be appearing in a Leon...

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Liking the look of this car.
Can't wait for some details of the top FR model (presuming the GTI 220bhp powertrain will be used).
Also, why not an FR estate to rival the Focus ST estate?

I was just starting to warm to the look of the new Focus ST estate. After this though, I'm betting that the mk3 Leon estate will look miles better.

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
That looks the dogs - reckon I'll be having one next Spring to replace the Ecomotive. Want to go back to more derv power so a 2.0 Tdi with 180+ bhp sounds the business...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.