Leon SAT NAV - What's it like??

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
I have it, it's good. Looks really neat, finishes the dash off IMO.

Only problem I have is that I've got a 2003 CD so some roads are wrong. Rarely come accross one though.

Never thought I'd be that arsed about Sat Nav but I wouldn't be without it now.

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
Yeah think it's pretty much identical to the VW/Audi ones....

Works really well and is dead easy to use - well I can work it. Looks cool at night as well with all the red lights..

Here are a couple of pics:

DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1319.jpg

Last edited:

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
Excellent thanks :)

Does it just show arrows or a map on the screen as well?

I don't suppose anybody has any pics of the standard dash??

Thanks

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
Shows arrows and Maps depending on the setting.

Just realised this week after having it 4months that you can zoom in and out on the maps.

Shows you were all the petrol stations are as well which is handy for when you're running out.

charvel

anyone know where I can get one of these sat nave units? Also how much should I pay new/2nd hand, and are they aeasy to fit?

I have a 52 plate LC.

cheers

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
You might be able to pick one up on ebay, i've seen them there
however, i dont think they are cheap, and the dash bit will cost you the best part of £280 from seat

you can get them cheap from germany, about £180 (you need the metal support bar too)
http://www.seat-leon.de/shop/seatle...d=216&osCsid=dd1dffa300f29afe4c69e0f54776cf74

sat nav unit wont be cheap either,
Probably cheaper to build yourself a car puter and install a touch screen monitor with GPS software (and TV, DAB radio,bluetooth, wireless internet, MP3s..... endless possiblities)

see here for more info
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92243&highlight=double+din

charvel

thanks guys
Think i'll get me a tomtom, unless something turns up really cheap somewhere.

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Def worth getting, although Im not sure I would have specced one as new as its silly money. Makes the whole dash looks miles better.

Apparantely you can hook up a TV tuner via Aux, which is a something I'll try when I get chance...and if you have the TMC module and disc it will do dynamic traffic "jam" avoidance...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.