• No,just like nice cars

Votes: 218 75.2%
  • sometimes

Votes: 59 20.3%

• Total voters

Mobo

Jan 20, 2010
West midlands
:| Thats the most oxmoronic thing i have heard to date. But i kind of get your point. but i do not see how blasting rnb (what ever that is) out of a sub in your boot annoys chavs. It all sounds the same from the outside and they probably just think you're one of them.

it does annoy them becuase they also get the vocals of mariah carey going through their car so they dont think im one of them.

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
I would rather look like a chav than a fag TBH

Brilliant! Although i'm now wondering whether we have any faygs resident at SCN...... :think:

I make no bones about it, unfortunately i think i joined the 'boy racer' club when i fitted a bigger exhaust to a small engined car...... the noise has now moulded my brain to want to drive fast a lot...... but i do respect the speed limits..... i just tend to be a bit 'heavy of foot' :D

As for the music, i love my music and as such have taken great care to try and get a good sound in my car. The system doesn't cost more than my car as is the case in some peoples, merely new front speakers, and a free (yes free) sub and amp. A bit of tweeking and it sounds better than any stereo i have at home.

To this point i may add i have a varied music taste but R&B doesn't quite fit into that...... Metallica yes, Machine Head yes, Pendulum yes, even Brad Paisley (country, please don't shoot me! :ban: ) but not R&B.

ibizatom

Warrrrp tish
Mar 13, 2010
Kent
Interesting thread and some very interesting views!

I currently drive a Mk1 Focus and I am no way a chav.

Yes my car is modded, (well back to standard now), I listen to music loud (heavy metal) but with the windows up. There is a time and a place for driving fast but tbh, I only ever go crazy when I go out driving with car clubs, mainly to keep up and not get left behind. lol.

One of my reasons for getting a Leon is that the Focus is a very popular car and so many young people/chavs are now buying them because they are cheap. Just buy a 1.8/2.0l Zetec and fit a few simply mods like st170 manifold, sports cat, exhaust, airbox and get a remap and your looking at around 150bhp on a 1.8l (115bhp standard)

The Leon is a very nice looking car. I hardly ever see any on the road which makes me want to get one. I don't like having what everyone has got, and where I live, there are way tooo many focus's about.

CupradanM

I dont understand how you can lable someone a chav, just because of the way they have chosen to modify their car. :confused:

just because you think their modifications are 'OTT' dosent make them so. Alot of people may think your modifications are 'OTT'.

Im not saying i like giant spoilers and 50" subs (although a 50" sub could be fun ;) ) just saying people shouldnt be labled for having, in your own opinion, bad taste.

If they drive like twats they will get caught or crash their cars and allow me to claim for a cupra r bumper at their expense ;)

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
:think::-o
O.k i am bored so i have started this poll to see if the Leon is becoming a Chav car.
As prices start to drop to affordable level for the younger generation of us (im 26).
What annoys me is in my town there are 2 Black Cupra R's and both are owned by young lads that tear around the streets like maniacs day and night,i like driving fast as much as the next guy but theres a time and place for it and its not through town centers etc..
To me that gives us owners who behave ourselves a bad name also the image of the car,i owned a cupra r 3 yrs ago and you wouldnt see another for weeks,also you used to get respect off other motorists but now you can see them look at you as though your a boyracer.Which is a shame.
I can only see it getting worse,i think these cars are going to become the next Saxo unfortunatly.:(
:lol:Hi m8 kno wot u mean when i bought my lcpr back in 05 there wern't many around nowit's like i c em EVERYWHERE!!!.still not like golfs c!?os they've been around 4 longa &prices r silly cheap 4early models all the silly little boys<&girls>have em!!.
or is it just me bein a old git!
please dont let em become next saxo.:bleh::ban:

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
just like the mk3s, they are becoming an age where the lower people in society (chavs) are now seeking them

That quote is pure comedy genius :clap:

i really considered getting a civic type R, in fact i was at a point where it was a choice of Cupra R or Civic Type R...every tom **** and harry has/wants a civic type r here in glasgow,and they are so common that you become a shade in the background. whereas in a cupra,iv recieved loads of attention just driving down the same streets.not many people have even seen a cupra R before let alone consider it as a rival for a ctr

I disagree, I live in Glasgow and have seen a good few Cupra R's, yes I agree everyone here has/wants a Civic Type R ! Where do live in Glasgow mate as I've seen a good few Cupra R's in town when I've been out about in mine !

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
well i live in the south side. and i see type Rs everywhere!in shawlands alone, iv seen a 4 civics in the same area parked up, and in pollockshields theres always at least 5 or 6 kicking about, at least 2 or 3 of which are parked up on albert drive alone. compared to cupra rs, i know theres more and more out, but in my area, in contrast, there is a lot less.

Moshymosh

Mar 2, 2010
Poole, Dorset
i have to say in my town there are a cupple of lcrs but they are all owned by middle aged people i am by fair you yongest person i have seen driving a lcr at 20 :p haha, i am not a chav put i love my music and to drive fast just as alot of people have said there is a time and a place and its not through my local town centre, i dont beleave that the lcr is becoming a Chav car as siad before around here they all still go for clios corsas etc little hot hatches. just random how young is the yongest lcr owner on here ?

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
most likely 19. i think i seen someone say he was 19. thats how old i was when i bought mine. and if i was a wee chavvy driver, i would have crashed/got done for speeding long ago lol :lol:

i do have a big sound system in my boot, its so loud that it isnt even funny if i blast it at full volume, so its saved for car shows,when im chillin with the mates (and not disrupting the local OAPs)

marcuswomersley

Jan 14, 2009
Stoke-on-Trent
Im 17, and own a leon 1.6, but i am no chav driver. Any modifications i make to my car are to make it look sportier but still keeping with the classy look the car has, im not the kind of person that puts stupid neon lights on them or the rediculous body kits you see on ebay.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Im 29 years old with a LCR in no way what so ever am i a chav.The leon is no were near as chavvy as say a Mk4 golf or focus.In my eyes Leons are a different class to other vehicles in the same class.;)

:lol:Hi m8.2 true!!mk4golf's,focus's&pug206 cant shift 4 em.leon's r gettin bit more now prices r comin down.went past the local college other day bloody hell seems all the KIDS have mk4 golf's<loud exhaut&louder stereo>all hangin in the local pub car park.<do they still do Mcd's&kfc>mayb some kind young member can tell me?bein a old git dont kno these things.:shrug:

JamJay

California Bound
:lol:Hi m8.2 true!!mk4golf's,focus's&pug206 cant shift 4 em.leon's r gettin bit more now prices r comin down.went past the local college other day bloody hell seems all the KIDS have mk4 golf's<loud exhaut&louder stereo>all hangin in the local pub car park.<do they still do Mcd's&kfc>mayb some kind young member can tell me?bein a old git dont kno these things.:shrug:

What the hell are you using to type this? I can't understand much of it down to all the random letters and symbols. I've only just come into my 20's where these alternate languages are supposed to make sense! :D

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
What the hell are you using to type this? I can't understand much of it down to all the random letters and symbols. I've only just come into my 20's where these alternate languages are supposed to make sense! :D

:lol: I've no idea what was being said either :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise