Leon's Brakes Tempratures..

Sabotage

Hi guys I own a Leon 1.8 TSI and I have a grey brakes calipers.. I want to paint them red.
But I can't find no where how hot those calipers can get... So I dont know how resistant the paint should be..
Do you think that those calipers can get hotter than 80 degrees centigrade ?
If someone can tell me how hot those calipers can get it will help me alot !

thanks in advance !

Sabotage

ye thats what I was thinking.. I knew 80 degrees C is a bit low for this.. but I when looking for a paint and they offered me a color that can only take 80 degrees or 600 degrees.. but there was no red color in the 600 degrees colors..
I guess I have to keep on looking in some different stores..

Is it possible to find official numbers about it ?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I have always used hammerite to paint callipers and never had an issue that is on some performanc BMW's as well. Depends what look you are going for, I have just laquared my brand new callipers with normal laquare and has no issues with the heat.

Sabotage

so what you are saying is that you painted the calipers with a color that you don't even know how resistive it is to the heat ?
I really only need a number (degrees) so I can buy the proper color

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
so what you are saying is that you painted the calipers with a color that you don't even know how resistive it is to the heat ?
I really only need a number (degrees) so I can buy the proper color

I knew it was resitive to heat as yes they get warm what I am saying is that unless you are going to cook the brakes most paints will suffice. Max brake temp is goin to be down to how hard they work and have never seen actual brake temps published for road car's. If you want the best finish then ditch the heat paint and get them powder coated.

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
I used E-Tech red caliper paint sourced off the internet gives a nice bright red colour three coates each caliper still loads left really pleased with final results.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members