Liam c's Black LCR Stage 2 REBUILT! ALIVE!

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
MY LCR Mods So far :

FMIC
Blueflame Turbo back Decat Exhaust system
"" BBS Ch Alloys ""
Samco TIP + Forge Intercooler Hoses
Debaffled costom chrome Charge Pipe
6000k HID kit
Forge 007P dv
N249 Bypass
Gloss black engine covers+parts
REVO stage 2 remap
Boost Gauge.
Catch Can (PCV Removal)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI, Ive been on here for a whilenow so thought id add my readers ride.

Bought the car in june last year, found out it had a few problems, gearbox 2nd gear syncromesh had gone! so 2 weeks into having the car me and my dad took the gearbox out (scary) took 5 hours, found a guy that can refurb it for £180 so bargain for me!
Now gearbox was fixed i found another problem, it was really slow,i tried replacing lambda sensor,air filter/feed and cleaned a lot of sensors including throttle bodie , did n249 bypass and added forge 007p Dv all with no effect.
Added a boost gauge to see boost and it was only boosting 7 psi:( did some logs and someone said to check n75 valve pipework so i did and it was piped up wrong! So i fixed it and wow car felt totally different now boosting 18-19psi found out its got a revo stage 1 on it:) so 3 months driving it on actuator boost lol (7psi) but now its all sorted.
Have many plans for this and will be posting it all up on this Thread

Pics of car when bought

leon.jpg

leoin1.jpg

leonback.jpg

P170609_1728.jpg

Flywheel with gearbox off
P170609_1724_01.jpg

Bintold its a bit wobbly :doh::(:(

Last edited:

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Looking to put a full turbo back exhaust system on it soon so far i have a 3" DP for £90 off here but i thinks its from an Audi tt because its in 2 parts but ill see if it fits (fingers crossed)
100_0588.jpg

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
After adding various engine bay parts i decided to get my engine cover and other bits sprayed gloss black as the standard grey colour always looked dirty.
Before
100_0580.jpg

After
DSCF0014-2.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

I think it looks alot better! just needs a chrome oil cap. Just ordered a sheet of carbon fibre vinyl for the square in the middle of the battery cover

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Previous cars

Thought id add my previous cars (not good lol)

1st. renault clio 1.2 mreg tried to do it up :doh:
Cliomine.jpg

Cliomine1.jpg

Lasted a year
26-02-07_0743.jpg
:shrug:

2nd. same car but facelift and injected!
03-03-07_1427.jpg

Rotted to death so at the scrappy along with the other, lasted 6months for £300 not bad.

3rd. Peugeot 306 1.8 16v (liked this one)
Photo093.jpg

Photo090.jpg

P260609_2036_02.jpg

P020209_0927_01.jpg

Sold for £410 givaway if you ask me but i needed the money. Then i got my LCR so a big jump from my previous cars and at 21 i feel lucky to have this.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Got th first part to my FMIC yesterday a forge map pipe,
033344b1.jpg

Just waiting on stock for a universal intercooler and currently looking for a decent pipework set for it.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Brake pad wearing sensor came on the other day so i replaced them with these yesterday
P280210_1415.jpg

EBC ultimax plain discs + cheapo apec pads for now untill i can afford some Ferrodo ds2500's

old discs and pads were very worn down but braking was still good. the new setup i thought would at least be better than the old as its brand new but braking seems worse! do i need to bed them in first or anything?

Also fitted a new thermoswitch which has cured my "fans not working" problem, so no need for keeping the heat on full whack to prevent overheating lol

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Oh also while fitting my new brakes i found the tyres had alot of inside wear
P280210_1529.jpg

:headhurt: I knew they were low but not that low! they both are down to the fibre on the inside, looks like im getting new tyres today and traking done because it looks like tracking is out a fair bit.

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
Nice looking car mate !.. getting myself one next month not black this time though to hard to keep clean !!.

I have to ask , You must have had a play with that VXR how does it compare to the leon in a straight line ? obviously corners you will leave it standing ..

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
where did you get your engine cover painted? I am considering doing mine to the blue of my car.

VERY nice looking motor. Its a shame i couldnt get the LCR didnt have enough cash so i bought a LC instead. Still love the car though, LCR is next me thinks lol

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Nice looking car mate !.. getting myself one next month not black this time though to hard to keep clean !!.

I have to ask , You must have had a play with that VXR how does it compare to the leon in a straight line ? obviously corners you will leave it standing ..

Thanks a lot, yea black is a bitch to keep clean but i dont do many miles so doesnt need cleaning so often, the vxr has a turbo back remus exhuast system and a cdti conversion airbox, we had a few plays and the LCR is slightly quicker acceleration in a straight line but other than that its pretty even, but his top end is more i think.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
where did you get your engine cover painted? I am considering doing mine to the blue of my car.

VERY nice looking motor. Its a shame i couldnt get the LCR didnt have enough cash so i bought a LC instead. Still love the car though, LCR is next me thinks lol

Got a friend who paints them in his uni house in his spare time for cheap lol. also will refurb wheels and spray any colour with very good results. He did the black wheels on the vxr.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.