Lip Gloss

coopra R

Feb 6, 2005
Glasgow
s195.photobucket.com
Got my front lip painted to give the front a deeper look.....wot you reckon ?

Before..

DSCN0474-1.jpg

After...

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
I wouldn't have done it, just from a practical point of view. I never managed to rip ours off, but caught it on loads of things, including our own sloped driveway.

I think it looks fantastic though, very factory, and finishes it off nicely. Just be careful!

In fact, consider getting some Armourfend type material, cut if to shape and apply to give it some protection from stones and light scuffs, etc.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I think i prefer black, but then i think its coz its a silver, i suspect this is also the case on red's too... i think on a black it would blend in so much you wouldnt know anyway... but as other said it wont last long in certain areas.
But as they say, one mans steak is another mans poison, or something like that... lol

coopra R

Feb 6, 2005
Glasgow
s195.photobucket.com
Thanks guys....good mix of feedback !...:think:

I've got my spare black lip ....just in case i fancy changing back ! :)

Have to say though - I like it....dunno if the pics do it much justice !

Looks good! How often does it make contact with the ground though? Wouldn't have thought it'll last too long

Not too often.....surprisingly less since I've lowered the car on coilovers !....

Hope I'm not speaking too soon !..:doh:

In fact, consider getting some Armourfend type material, cut if to shape and apply to give it some protection from stones and light scuffs, etc.

Good advice that....think I'll look into getting that done !

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Just think, in two weeks time its going to have the crackled effect of ferrari engine manifolds, on engines its cool, on the front of an otherwise mint car.....blaurghhh

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
I think it does look pretty cool
NOw
but theres then the issue off it scrapping on anything more than 1mm off the floor as ruining the look

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Think I prefer the OEM look - although that's not to say it looks bad. Just seems a little unnecessary to have an extra 'lip' that wasn't really there when it was black.

coopra R

Feb 6, 2005
Glasgow
s195.photobucket.com
Thanks for your opinions guys - either way !:rolleyes:

Had a good look at it today....up close & distance...I still like it !:p

I'm not one for anything that spoils the original look of the car - but this mod is nice & subtle & doesn't look too much out of place....
so it stays for the time being....or until it leaves the car involuntary !:lol:
Then it's back to OE !....I aint paying to get it sprayed again !:headhurt:

Anyways...my ARBs came today..:funk:...I'm back to handling matters !

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members