little black box

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
can anyone plz tell me what the hell this black box is for and why cant i get into it! was thinking of re-locating it if pos!

picture.php

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
i cant see any wires just a vacuum hose which is too short to re-locate! how do u get the box open or are you not ment too!

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
just had a little read of the thread myself and none the wiseer!
am i right that removing the box and blocking the pipe and then relocating a pipe on the dv but im not sure where to relocate the dv pipe to! unfortunatly it makes it hard when your not 100% mechanically minded and people spk in chinese

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
just had a little read of the thread myself and none the wiseer!
am i right that removing the box and blocking the pipe and then relocating a pipe on the dv but im not sure where to relocate the dv pipe to! unfortunatly it makes it hard when your not 100% mechanically minded and people spk in chinese

If you remove the box I think you need to fit a resistor in the plug so the ECU thinks its still connected?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Its weird how some people do and some dont, same as the SAI system some people never have problems without resistors and some need them :confused:

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
had a good read through last nite and gona just give it a go with re-directing the pipes then blocking off excisting! if i have no luck then it can always go back to standard ay!

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
18042009382.jpg

Its really easy:
1) Remove the pipe connected to the FPR
2) Follow that pipe and remove it where it attaches to the manifold, pull it off
3) Attach a new piece of pipe to where you disconnected it from the manifold (I used fuel line for a stealthy black look)
4) Put a T-Piece in the new pipe in line with the FPR
5) Run a new piece of pipe to the FRP
6) Disconnect the top pipe of the DV and plug it
7) Connect some new pipe from the T piece to the top of the DV
8) Take off the N249+brackets, the pipe just pulls off but you have to pull hard
9) Plug the pipe that went into the N249

Job done

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
It will go over mate as thats what I have, put it in some boiling water if needed or use a bit of fairy liquid.

Is that what you mean?

Mines 4mm ID

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Nothing touched there, here's a pic with the changes marked, the plugged top DV pipe and the plugged N249 pipe are circled and the new pipe work highlighted. I used 6mm fuel line but I would have preferred to use 4mm but could not find any.

Copyof18042009381.jpg

Last edited: