Little help needed

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I have recently brought a 210 LCR in flash red and have a few issues.

It may be just because I have spent a lot of money and am worried bout nothing.

1) The exhaust at the tailpipe looks a little out of place.It looks like it has dropped about 35mm:shrug:

2) I have read a previous service invoice that states the zorst 'is corroded but not badly blowing' will this cause problems with my turbo or engine in any way?( I have had friends with pulsars with blowing exhaust and seen turbo disintergrate:censored: .But they are Jap knackers ent they)

3) My engine cover is loose at the back, i think one of the clips are broken.Are they expensive? And where can I get one?:confused:

4) Same with drivers mirror casing, a little rattley.

5)Car pulling to the left, but think just tracking issue and can get resolved

Thanks for all the help in advance :clap:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Engine cover might be loose at the back if it hasn't been put back on right and one of the clips isn't in place. The oil filler cap gets in the way when you refit the cover so if you do it in a hurry you can end up with one of the metal tabs not finding its little socket on the cover.

Pulling to the left is a pretty common thing - try a search on here but you'll probably find it's the camber of the road rather than enything else.

Can't help on the others, sorry. :)

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
It may be just because I have spent a lot of money and am worried bout nothing.

^this

1) The exhaust at the tailpipe looks a little out of place.It looks like it has dropped about 35mm:shrug:

I think they sit low so they dont melt the plastic fairing at the back. Try comparing with another one. You could always bend the hanger a bit i suppose.

2) I have read a previous service invoice that states the zorst 'is corroded but not badly blowing' will this cause problems with my turbo or engine in any way?( I have had friends with pulsars with blowing exhaust and seen turbo disintergrate:censored: .But they are Jap knackers ent they)

Exhausts can collapse and knacker you. I think your much more likely to get a hole in it which will make a racket and loose performance. I'd get underneath and have a look to put your mind at rest (LCR's are too low for most jacks - drive up on some bricks first.) I think it's just the tech wanting some warranty money. My exhaust looked corroded after 6 months, but i know it werent cos i looked after i cut it in half to get it off!

3) My engine cover is loose at the back, i think one of the clips are broken.Are they expensive? And where can I get one?:confused:

Think theres one in the for sale section if you have broken it. Just leave the thing off i say.

How can you tell over the road noise!?! Those mirrors are pricey - i'd live with it.

They all do that and tramline to :censored:

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Ok thanks for the help guys.

I'll get underneath and have a look at the exhaust.(thanks fot the brick idea)

The mirror makes a funny noise when you fold them in and when washing it's very fragile. I think I can survive that tho.

Thanks for all the pionts
:cheers:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org

My guess you need to take off the cover as Mark says above and check the tabs at the rear are seated correctly

Drivers mirror has several parts, the black painted bit is a clip on cover which is retained by two screws on the under side, check these haven't dropped out. The cover needs to be properly seated properly too, check the cover is on properly (they lift vertically off to remove) there should be no gap between the black painted section and the grey plastic bit under the mirror etc

The covers are cheap if they are the square ones (not tear drop) as they are the same as a MK1V golf

They do all do that but check tyre wear and get the tracking done at £35 for the tracking it's cheaper than £200+ for 2 new tyres.

Last edited:

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
Ruddmeister said:
Drivers mirror has several parts, the black painted bit is a clip on cover which is retained by two screws on the under side, check these haven't dropped out. The cover needs to be properly seated properly too, check the cover is on properly (they lift vertically off to remove) there should be no gap between the black painted section and the grey plastic bit under the mirror etc

Both my mirror caps have no screws, or any holes for any screws? they just clip on, maybe its different on the LCRS

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
CupraSteve said:
Both my mirror caps have no screws, or any holes for any screws? they just clip on, maybe its different on the LCRS

BHP addict has a 210LCR which unless it was a late 2003 model (or maybe '53) shuld have the square mirrors the same as a MK1V Golf.
DSC00776.jpg

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Yeah thats them. i'll check the screws and position when I finish work later.

I'll get the tracking done cus had 4 new tyres 3 weeks ago, but service was only early Feb.

I'll sort it.

Cheers evry1 :funk:

Platinum_mike

BHP Addict said:

Mine was like this too when I got it and I never thought much of about it, but at the 20k service the dealers said there was a broken bracket on the backbox, so replaced the backbox under warranty.

The exhaust now sits in a higher position and appears to be properly aligned with the bumper cutout.

I don't know which bracket was broken so couldn't refer you to a particular place to look but it may be worth taking a look at all the brackets. It never made the exhaust rattle or appear loose so could well go unnoticed apart from making it hang lower.

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Mirror sorted.
Screw mising

Exhaust will be looked at over the weekend

Engine cover may be replaced for a carbon fibre one (if funds persist)

Tracking will be done the weekend

Thanks all

:clap:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise