Looking for advice to upgrade me car..

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
I am not in a very well paid job since my redundancy. I have been saving for 4 years lol to try and get my next car. I have a 1.4 Seat sport and looking to upgrade to either :

1.9 Sportrider
1.9 FR
DAB special edition thingy(whatever thet is lol )

I dont have much money for running costs and wondered which would be the best for me. Insurance is not a problem since im 42 :cry: i am tempted for the FR but wondering if i am biting off too much buying that. It does look and sound a nice car. All the cars i am looking at are diesals...oh and i have around £8000, pending what they give me for part exchange for my 1.4 sport.

Please advice....:confused:

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
I have an 04 plate FR TDI and all I shall say is BUY ONE! They're truly awesome! I've had mine a year now, and I'm still not bored of it, and I am still on the standard power (about to have it remapped though :D) tax is £120 a year, average 50-55mpg, insurance is cheap for me (20 with 3 years NCB) I would get another one, no doubt about that!

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
many thanks for you advice. wots this PD thing you guys are talking about ? is it just the name of the 130 engine ? or a special edition FR like some of the scoobys ? i thinking FR aswell now. it is cheaper on tax and more miles to the galleon than my sport. I suppose you dont use that many tyres. what about servicing ? is that roughy the same ?

next where the hell do i find a decent FR for 8 grand ? :confused:

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
PD stands for pump duse, its the name VW give there injector system on there tdi engines.

Here is facts and figures for the various ibiza models and engines etc.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=797

FR came with a pd130 engine, cupra came with the pd150 (Running 160bhp)

Before they started using the FR name (Formula Racing) the pd130 version was badged as the sport TDI, but its seems like there were two power levels. 100bhp and the 130bhp.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
I have an 04 plate FR TDI and all I shall say is BUY ONE! They're truly awesome! I've had mine a year now, and I'm still not bored of it, and I am still on the standard power (about to have it remapped though :D) tax is £120 a year, average 50-55mpg, insurance is cheap for me (20 with 3 years NCB) I would get another one, no doubt about that!

i believe tax is going down to £110 a year from april so as tesco would say every little helps:)

another vote for the pd engine here:lol:

Dec 3, 2009
I paid 8k for a '56 plate Ibiza TDi FR with 27k on the clock

so that one with 17k is an absolute bargain!

mine was absolutely mint and from a garage very close so thought I'd go for it ! =]

good luck in your search, I always found I rang up and they sold it next day, so you have to be quick lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.