looking for an exhaust system with oval style tail pipe

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
What about a Seat Sport cat back, has a 6" x 4" oval tail pipe? Bought one for my FR, looked good, and had the Seat Sport logo etched on the top of the tip.

How much did that set you back?
Presumably only available from main dealer?

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
How much did that set you back?
Presumably only available from main dealer?

I bought it on ebay for about £160, but I think the retail price was more like £260 (according to the seller's blurb). Obviously no performance gains, but only really wanted it for cosmetics :) Thought I had some pics, but must be on my old computer :( I believe the part number is 1M0072002

Cooper_81

Jun 17, 2007
Glasgow
i've got an 03 plate leon cupra and i'm doing a few mods, i've been looking around for an exhaust system with an oval style tail pipe,haven't had to much
luck so some advise would be great please people:D

What other mods are you planning for the car cos i have a custom stainless steel exhaust for the LC in my garage for sale, it has a 6x4 oval tailpipe....
I ask what other mods your planning cos i had the system on the car for bout 5 months then i had to change to a Milltek cos i wanter more ponies!

Cheers Davie

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
No mine aint square with rounded edges so to speak its a proper oval shape. i will take a pic tomoz and get it posted up on here. A little drunk right now to get a camera and its taken me about 10 mins to post this without spelling mistakes lol

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I fitted a jetex to mine on the weekend (same as mentioned above) car isnt noticeably louder and it fits in the cut out perfect. Only bad point is that the backbox is very close to the rear spring.

Could you post a couple of pictures so I can see what the Jetex looks like on the car? Cheers mate...

Chaz

I have a Supersprint on mine - here is a picture.

img_3484.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Thanks mate... I reaaly like he look of the Jetex - although the first picture makes it look a little off center to the bumper cut out, is it the photo or actually not centered?

Also nice wheels from that angel - are they LCR or RS4?

Chaz

I like it. It sounds not that different to the standard exhaust below 2.5/3k revs, then after that its a nice rumble. Not boomy at all. I drive up and down to Scotland and I didn't want something that would give me a headache. This is just right for me

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I've just finalised mine and I'm getting within the next few weeks a full 3" custom system from Pipe Werx. 6"x4" oval tailpipe should be nearly the same as Blueflames.
Not seen one on an LCR but the Octavia and Fabia guys on Briskskoda recommended them.
They also use a tripple layer flexi pipe which is a lot more robust than some and some kind of single piece pipe is used on the downpipe near the manifold flange rather than using two halves?.

Last edited:

JoeV

Apr 28, 2008
Chester
Thanks mate... I reaaly like he look of the Jetex - although the first picture makes it look a little off center to the bumper cut out, is it the photo or actually not centered?

Also nice wheels from that angel - are they LCR or RS4?

its just the first picture that makes it look slightly offset, plus the fact that the box is all to one side makes it look uneven

the wheels are audi R8 's

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
its just the first picture that makes it look slightly offset, plus the fact that the box is all to one side makes it look uneven

the wheels are audi R8 's

I thought that might be the case...

My boss has just taken delivery of his A5 3.0 TDI with very similar (if not the same) 21's - I want those wheels :p

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I have the above Supersprint system on my Cupra !!

here's a close up

Is your system resinated or not? I'm interested in finding out how loud a non-resinated system is inside the car when accelerating and crusing around 2-3k.

Cheers for the close up mate - all these pictures and pipes are making it well hard to choose a new system. My OEM has developed an annoying rattle when cold (goes once warmed up).

Tyler Owen

To be honest this was on the car when i bought it so couldn't tell you

As for the noise it's at its loudest between 3-4k on full throttle otherwise it's pretty quiet, cruising on the motorways at 70> speeds isn't an issue like as it just makes a nice bwaarp between 3 - 4k when you duff your foot it which suits me !

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members