Looking to replace old PCV hoses, need advice

reFRence

Jan 23, 2022
Hey guys,
Need to change PCV system on my AUQ, just need some advice about where to get parts.

There's a load of cheap aftermarket parts on ebay and such, but I found a kit by Touran (seen the brand a few times now) on JGP Automotives.
Here is a link: https://justgermanparts.co.uk/produ...kit-a3-tt-golf-bora-leon-octavia-150-180-bhp/
I'm wondering if this would be an ok replacement? Or should I spend more money and get genuine parts? (Budget a bit tight atm but the work needs to be done).
From the description here are the part numbers:
Hardline pipe – 06A103213F
Hose – 06A103221BK
Hose – 06A103213AF
Hose – 06A103221BH
Valve -035103245A
Tee – 06A103247

It also doesn't come with the necessary clips. I've found some generic jubilee clips that will fit, but the O-ring and clip for the hardline breather hose pipe is a bit harder to find (possibly looking at buying a cheap one that comes with the O-ring and clip and using those).

Anyone know what the best way to go about this is? Obviously I want to save money but if it's really advisable to get the system's replacement parts directly from VW I'll have to do that.
Thanks,
reFRence

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hey guys,
Need to change PCV system on my AUQ, just need some advice about where to get parts.

There's a load of cheap aftermarket parts on ebay and such, but I found a kit by Touran (seen the brand a few times now) on JGP Automotives.
Here is a link: https://justgermanparts.co.uk/produ...kit-a3-tt-golf-bora-leon-octavia-150-180-bhp/
I'm wondering if this would be an ok replacement? Or should I spend more money and get genuine parts? (Budget a bit tight atm but the work needs to be done).
From the description here are the part numbers:
Hardline pipe – 06A103213F
Hose – 06A103221BK
Hose – 06A103213AF
Hose – 06A103221BH
Valve -035103245A
Tee – 06A103247

It also doesn't come with the necessary clips. I've found some generic jubilee clips that will fit, but the O-ring and clip for the hardline breather hose pipe is a bit harder to find (possibly looking at buying a cheap one that comes with the O-ring and clip and using those).

Anyone know what the best way to go about this is? Obviously I want to save money but if it's really advisable to get the system's replacement parts directly from VW I'll have to do that.
Thanks,
reFRence
Hi mate ideally if money was no object buying these parts from vw would be the best thing but that’s not always practical. Topran are a known brand and I have used them on customers car for header tanks and never had a problem.

When I did my AUX VRS mk1 pcv system I used eBay the cheapest of the cheap parts as I wanted to save money however after 3 months one of the pipes had split from the oil and heat and all the pipes felt like nitrile gloves. I redid the whole job using genuine vw parts and I kept the car for another 2 years driving it daily and they held up a lot better as the hoses were of better quality.
Since that day if I could afford the cost I used genuine vw parts to save me having to do that job twice. Topran are a named brand in the Uk and I would definitely feel comfortable using these pipes for a customers car if they wanted to save money.

Hope this helps.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
They'll be fine, they just won't last forever like silicon versions.

I bought a cheap hard plastic pipe and it came with an O ring, so it might just not be pictured. The green metal clip doesn't really need replacing and you should be fine to re-use it.

reFRence

Jan 23, 2022
Hi mate ideally if money was no object buying these parts from vw would be the best thing but that’s not always practical. Topran are a known brand and I have used them on customers car for header tanks and never had a problem.

When I did my AUX VRS mk1 pcv system I used eBay the cheapest of the cheap parts as I wanted to save money however after 3 months one of the pipes had split from the oil and heat and all the pipes felt like nitrile gloves. I redid the whole job using genuine vw parts and I kept the car for another 2 years driving it daily and they held up a lot better as the hoses were of better quality.
Since that day if I could afford the cost I used genuine vw parts to save me having to do that job twice. Topran are a named brand in the Uk and I would definitely feel comfortable using these pipes for a customers car if they wanted to save money.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply, I will go ahead and buy the Topran ones for now then.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Thanks for your reply, I will go ahead and buy the Topran ones for now then.
Im not sure if its the same set up as mine. Ive got the BAM engine. Replaced my entire pcv system a year or so ago.
Theres a little valve (that ive arrowed). If theres one on your car, definitely replace it.
Cant find a decent pic of it unfortunately.
20220209_191145.jpg

reFRence

Jan 23, 2022
Im not sure if its the same set up as mine. Ive got the BAM engine. Replaced my entire pcv system a year or so ago.
Theres a little valve (that ive arrowed). If theres one on your car, definitely replace it.
Cant find a decent pic of it unfortunately.
View attachment 29819
is that a one way purge valve? think it's a bit of a different system between AUQ and BAM but I'm sure there's one of these somewhere in the system. I'll look into it.

Reactions: Rich.T
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise