loss of power when hitting power band

dgogborne

hi every one, i've got a mrk 4 ibiza cupra 1.8 20vT. i'm having some problems with the power. when driving as soon as you hit the power band in each gear and the turbo is supposed to kick in... it dosn't. the turbo guage hits 4psi and thats where it stays. and it takes ages to pick up speed. i've had the MAF sensor changed about 2 weeks ago because it kept cutting out at junctions and that sorted the problem so its not that. any one have any ideas... please... help!

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
Could be anything from.

Intercoooler hose come off/split. (What I'd look at first)

to

Broken turbo/actuator/wastegate/

Could be a load of things, but try simple stuff first, hoses/sensors

COnks

eggz61

i have just recently got the car. give it a full service today and checked all the pipes and clips. all looked to be ok. it does in 2nd and 3rd mainly. at about 2500 revs you can hear turbo winding in starts to light stutter n dunt get the power dwn till after 4000. its hasn't cut out.

Last edited by a moderator:

eggz61

I av had it on a diagnostics machine at my mates garage this morn and it's got,

control valve boost pressure n75 open circuit
secondary air control valve n112 open circuit
Mass air flow sensor too low g70.

What's best to try first? Could 1 faulty sensor make others not read correctly cheers?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
I av had it on a diagnostics machine at my mates garage this morn and it's got,

control valve boost pressure n75 open circuit
secondary air control valve n112 open circuit
Mass air flow sensor too low g70.

What's best to try first? Could 1 faulty sensor make others not read correctly cheers?

I am GUESSING that the "open circuit" read suggests a broken wire or connection failure. Do you know where the N75 and n112 valves are?

MAF sensor is to low then could be a knackered MAF???

eggz61

found it now an checked. every thing seemed ok, so i decided to unplug maf sensor and run it. it didn't hesitate once so looks like my maf is on the way out, wheres is the best place to get 1? cheers

dgogborne

found out what was origionally wrong, intercooler hose had come off but now have new problems. car starts, but won't stay running unless you keep reving it, smells really rich has a lot of black smoke. i unplugged the maf sensor and it makes it driveable... just! had the maf sensor changed for a new one, plugged it all back in same problem! any ideas?

eggz61

finally i have found mi prob. its a broken suction jet pump. back to full boost again, lookin for a good dv and induction kit to go on now, any recommendations, cheers

eggz61

also called a purge valve, part num 058133753b. al try get pic on

eggz61

forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2725794. this link shows you it, mine is like the pic at bottom of page

eggz61

hard to spot, when engine wa runnin the vacuum sucked it together. i jst saw then orange bit tonite when i wa checkin for a split pipe. so i wrapped it up tight wi insulation tape and mi boost problem is no more. gonna get on to dealer tomoz for new 1. now engine is runnin good am lookin to do a few tweaks now, gotta try n beat mi mates focus st lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members